Newby, ready to begin the sandtrooper project...
Welcome Dino Smile

(Friday 31-Dec-2010, 09:32 AM)955dino Wrote:  Looking forward to meeting you in the new year. Remember kids 'don't do deathsticks'.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever dressed as Elan Sleazebaggano? Not for the 501st of course, but just for the lulz?
Nom :3
Thankyou all for making me feel welcome on Monday.

Can someone send me the details of the MM helmet maker so I can get this baby underway?

You all empowered me to begin the fabrication and assembly of the suit (also been buying the other essential parts to make it complete. Damn those boots are expensive. Still in two minds on the undersuit as the zentai suits are thinner and cooler compared to wearing out quickly, but without seeing the heavier suits on-line to pay 100 bucks seems risky.

Will the sandtrooper need specific colour pauldrons for 'rank'. Some site say they go from white to orange, and other 501st sites say it is wahtever you want (as long as they are accurate).
PM MouldMan, he will help you out with the helmet Wink

Go HERE to check out all the Sandtrooper info you need.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

I have an ABS mouldman bucket it really is great. Tachyon has a build thread for assembling a mm bucket too. It should help.
It's under the "armour modifications and tutorials" thread.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Have a look at the Sandtrooper CRL HERE .
For approval, you can only use a black/white/orange coloured pauldron.
Muppet thanks for that. I have printed this out for visual aid and basically a checklist. Will be hunting down clips, and canvas straps (and for the belt) tomorrow at spotlight. Do we have a reference for local suppliers of the additional parts I need to make this complete?

Was looking at the orange pauldron (most common) as this was my favourite ST of them all.

Also a quick question for the body armour, If I use a brace system for the lower body parts (that go over the shoulder) is it acceptable for the chest/back armour elastic straps just to lay over the top of the brace? Or should I try to connect the complete front with a complete back with only 2 elastic straps total so there is no overlap? cheers.
Dino, i have extra webbing that you can use.
For press studs, there is a shop at Cannon Hill called Trads, like a liquidator shop.

And yest the white shoulder straps go over the brace straps.

If you want to have a better look, you're welcome to come by and check out my TD.

Ken
Ta Muppet. I will give it a good attempt this weekend (glueing and sizing the armour). I might take you up on the offer to inspect your suit again in detail next weekend if you have the time?
(Saturday 8-Jan-2011, 07:06 AM)955dino Wrote:  Ta Muppet. I will give it a good attempt this weekend (glueing and sizing the armour). I might take you up on the offer to inspect your suit again in detail next weekend if you have the time?

no problemo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newby in Townsville Xesh 20 23,488 Wednesday 16-Nov-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: DannytheBlue
  Newby DEATHPROOF 23 26,791 Thursday 5-Nov-2015, 10:38 AM
Last Post: DEATHPROOF
Build Thread Let the build begin Scorpion 48 50,000 Thursday 30-Oct-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Scorpion