Tbar Peak2Park
Date: 6.3.11

Venue: Picnic Point to Lake Annand

Time: 7.00-9.00

Mission: To promote 501st in Tbar. And provide fun and awesomeness to event!

Trooper Attendance: Ex Ed - TK, Trinity- TB, Neo -TK.

Guest Trooper Attendance:

Support Crew: Daniel (mini gree)

Detail: Ex Ed met us at our place for an early 6.30 start. We headed up to Picnic Point and found a spot in between all the lycra and sweat, I mean cars and people! There was approx. 2000 people at the event. Half were in the 10km and the others were in for the 4KM walk. After a short distance walk up to the runners, we hadn't got far when we were swamped with requests for photos by local media and school kids. We made our way through the crowd posing for photos and answering questions. After we were making our way to the start line, the event organiser asked for some promo shots at the front of the line with the Glennie girls. Everyone then followed us to the start and we got some great pics. I just have to find them! Anywhoo.....they started the event and people were still asking for photos with their kids while we were walking. LOL....outrageous! We finished the event after the 10KM runners finished and there was heaps of people watching the finishers. More media came up and got pics of us crossing the line. People couldn't believe we did it in armour!

Overall this was a really fun troop and one of the better one's we've been on! The weather was great at that time in the morning! Beautiful crisp, cool air off the range kept us all nice and cool! No traffic and fun people! We'll be doing it again next year so hopefully a few more troopers can come up next year. They have already asked us if we would do promo work for them before next years event! SUPER!

Injuries: Ex Ed took a hit to the groin in armour after not spotting a pole in the footpath! Euuuuwwwww!
Trinity got some blisters.
Neo got hit on by a private school boy (about grade 12) who came up and started holding my hand! Said he wanted to "walk with me a bit"! EEUUUUWWWWWWWW!!!!! I quickly withdrew my hand and thought happy thoughts! "Calm blue ocean...Calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean!"

Malfunctions: None

Public Incidents:

See 2 articles up as in Mental injuries! But...got heaps of media coverage and will organise something with us next year!

Mission Status: A complete Success. The event raised over $21 000 for the Flood appeal and other charities.

Photos: We didn't have any any hands on cameras, and after all the photos that people in media took, I don't know where they all are. We were in the local TV news though! Man we looked awesome! We got a mention in the local paper, and there is a small mention a photo at http://toowoomba.finda.com.au/features/2...peak2park/. When we find some others I'll post them up!
Great work Tbar squad,
Please let us know when they have next years dates confirmed.
Looks like you guys had a great time..
Next time I will definitely be there..
found one pic from it..
http://toowoomba.finda.com.au/photo/gall...011&num=36
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
A fun time was had by all!
Unreal, guys! Those types of events are really fun! I'm proud of you guys for doing the event in armour, because it's not as easy as it seems!

I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Well done guys, awesome job and good troop report Neo!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Tbar 80's Birthday Party Neoeffect 5 8,450 Monday 30-Mar-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Scotty33
Troop Report Tbar Birthday Party Neoeffect 5 11,651 Tuesday 29-May-2012, 10:19 PM
Last Post: cobra