New Dude
Hey guys um i just joined the forum and well have been wanting to get star wars costumes for years.. saw a couple people at a christmas event at christmas....2009 i think it was that was at the mater childrens hospital and have been tryin to save up for a while now to get my first... i dont know anything about making armors or anything so im going to be buying one. havnt decided yet between a storm trooper or darth vader costume, both look cool! any suggestions? im from east brisbane and yeah. up for gettin to know u guys Smile
Welcome to the forums mate!

Vaders one of the most difficult and expensive costumes, especially to start with. Most people get there number starting as a stormtrooper and work their way up from there. Send our GML Muppet a pm, he'll give you the nfo you need for various costumes Smile
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
will do, thanks! (i found a place that sells vader costume for same price as storm trooper, and the vader costume seems to be the exact same as what other websites are selling for $1500)
Vader for $1500??? I dare say An enormous amount of work would need to be done to it to get it upto 501st standards at which point $1500 will turn into over $5000.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
sheeesh 5k? thats a lot of money haha.. ok so mabe grab the storm... or plan to do a lot of work to the darth..
If youre keen on joining the 501st dont purchase any costume until youve spoken to Muppet, the costumes you are looking at are non screen accurate commercial release, what i like to call a glorified halloween costume. There's plenty of options, for every type of SW costume available to the community that are extremly accurate.
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
Welcome t3rm1n83r.

As Mouldman has said.... Stay away from evilbay. Because you will be disappointed.

Just want to know why you chose t3rm1n83r as your username?

Because we call each other by our username when we are at troops or Armour parties etc.

So calling you, t3rm1n83r, all the time might get a little old quickly. But never fear. We will find you a new username when we get to meet you. lol

All the very best on your journey to the darkside.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome to the Redbacks
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Terminator
Pm incomming
Ken
Welcome to the Redbacks!

TK all the way! I started with a stormtrooper... can never have enough minions!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Wednesday 16-Mar-2011, 04:53 AM)The Scotsman Wrote:  Welcome t3rm1n83r.

As Mouldman has said.... Stay away from evilbay. Because you will be disappointed.

Just want to know why you chose t3rm1n83r as your username?

Because we call each other by our username when we are at troops or Armour parties etc.

So calling you, t3rm1n83r, all the time might get a little old quickly. But never fear. We will find you a new username when we get to meet you. lol

All the very best on your journey to the darkside.
New username when we get to meet you, lol Doppeldaumen1

Yes welcome to the forums, I'm somewhat new myself & shall be ordering my armour today.
I've done a little research & muppet, thewolf have helped a lot although I have to admit the TK (Stormtrooper) armour I'm going for is quite expensive compared to others out there that are still acceptable by the 501st.
Having said this the armour I have decided to go with I've been eyeing up for a few years now but it's only recently I've decided to get off my butt to do something about it.

...oh & err Jaggered Fel is the name of my Elder Sith, I play SWG (starwars galaxies) online & that account is 7 years old although I have a few other accounts but not quite so old. When I first selected the name the system wouldn't allow me the correct way to spell his name to use for my character, hehe

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jagged_Fel

Best of luck browsing & see you in the future Smile
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Hi there and welcome to the Redback forums.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome Arnie, and like everyone else has said, there is alot to learn about SW costuming (for the 501st anyway Smile). It's not quite as easy as most people would think. Not exactly something you can buy off a rack and wear. Do lots of research, I have to dissagree about ebay, there is (some) good stuff out there. I have bought a bit from there for a few projects which I use. But do be carefull, alot of stuff is not. Any doubts, post a link on here and i'm sure someone will tell you if it's a good buy or not.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

hahaha im really bad with thinkin up usernames and what not, t3rm1n83r is my game name in most games i play so yeah. haha hope to meet you guys soon! ive spent the last 2 years in bed due to operations and stuff so im somewhat weak and all atm but im starting to get out and about a little now. haha ive never used ebay and never will.. i always hear bad stuff about it and yeah... :/ tho it cant be as bad as amazon... u cant get anything shipped to australia from amazon... including stuff ABOUT australia!! haha.. oh well.