15/03/2011 - 'Weird' Al, QPAC
Date: 15/03/2011

Venue: Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Southbank, Brisbane

Time: 1600hrs – 2300hrs

Mission: Support for ‘Weird†Al Yankovic on the Brisbane leg of his World Tour.

Trooper Attendance:

SL Kev Vader
TK Bigmac
TK Cutter
TK Deltorn
TK Draco
TK Hopfot
TK Jimcricket
TK Kieran
TK Phantom
TK Supatrooper
TK TheWolf

Guest Trooper Attendance:

Support Crew:

Avaricious – Photographer
Beanie – Choreography/Cameraman
Kitiara – Photographer
Tirilia – Backstage Support

Detail:

Flush from the outstanding success on Monday night at the Gold Coast, The Redbacks regrouped Tuesday at QPAC with 9 fresh troopers to accompany ‘Weird†Al Yankovic on stage.

With only Kev Vader and Hopfot being present from the troop the night before, nine new troopers were needed. Hopfot arrived early, and quickly set to task training the arriving troopers in what was required for our appearance.

As well as Kev Vader and Hopfot, two other veterans of the previous nights†performance were also present, Beanie, who returned as Choreographer and Avaaricious as Photographer.

The routine from the night before was great, so was therefore reprised for the QPAC performance.

We were permitted to briefly go out onto the stage to set our marks, and it was quite clear that the auditorium was a good deal larger than the one at Jupiters. It was going to be a pretty big gig, and there were a couple of nervous looks throughout the QPAC squad….

We had a couple of hours to learn the routine, so it was practice, practice and more practice. In no time at all we could hear the concert starting onstage, and so it was time to armour up and run through some dress rehearsals. Unlike the night before at Jupiters, we shared adjacent dressing-rooms with Alâ€s dancers, who graced us with their presence and agreed the pose for a few pics with us all. Once that was completed we had a chance for a couple more dress rehearsals, then there was a few minutes to check our costumes were in order before we called to wait in the wings. Fair to say there was a definite air of tense anticipation in the QPAC squad by that time.

With Deltorn leading the way we marched onstage, stood to attention through ‘We All Have Cellphones†and gave it all we had for ‘The Saga Beginsâ€. Whilst the routine we practiced was identical to the Gold Coast event, the QPAC squad added a little extra move, which the crowd enjoyed!

As quickly as it began, the song was over and we made our way offstage, and back to the change area. A short while later Al himself appeared and graciously signed our kit and posed for photoâ€s.

Injuries:

The combined members of TAG & SCG who were temporarily blinded by our total awesomeness.

Malfunctions:

Nil

Public Incidents:

We appeared onstage in front of about 1000 people – definitely a Public Incident in itself!

Mission Status:

Resounding Success!

Photos:

Yep, there were lots; and video too.
Great troop report My Lord, sorry I missed it.Sad
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Nice report My lord, but my name is "TheWolf", not to be confused with "Wolf".
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Monday 21-Mar-2011, 08:20 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  Nice report My lord, but my name is "TheWolf", not to be confused with "Wolf".

fixed Smile
ohhh is this a polite way to get me to do the report for mondays troop down the coast for some reason?????
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Yeah been wondering about that, I wanna read about my epic last minute arrival on the scene. Hehehe
Only 1 malfunction...my work couldn't organise a chook raffle..wish I had been there...
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
(Monday 21-Mar-2011, 08:20 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  Nice report My lord, but my name is "TheWolf", not to be confused with "Wolf".

Far out that's a bit rough!

Nice going troopers!
Fabulous as always!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report 14/03/2011 - 'Weird' Al, Jupiters GC Beanie 5 12,227 Wednesday 23-Mar-2011, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Trinity