Starlight Day @ EB Games Indooroopilly 2011
Date: 30th April 2011

Venue: EB Games Indooroopilly

Time: 11:00hrs – 15:00hrs

Mission: To inspire the local alien species to help look after their younglings, by donating their credit chips to the light from a star somewhere ... (other than a death star)

Trooper Attendance:
Oigen (rebel legion)
BigMac (redbacks)
Cutter (redbacks)
Tirilia (rebel legion)
Bossy (redacks)
Redpaint (redbacks)
Phantom + Jawas (redbacks)

Support Crew:
Super_Trooper (redbacks)

Guest Troopers:
Han Solo (Area Manager for EB Games – soon to be rebel scum)

Detail:

Heeding the call of duty, the troops arrived, armoured up, and moved out, but in transit to the store front, they were met with hostility from some rebel scum.
[Image: StandOff.jpg]

The rebel involved had been sighted in the same system on a previous mission, and was successfully captured. After some intense interrogation, (utilizing a freezing cold bath), the rebel involved was forced to have his approval pictures taken and will be safely brought into line with the Empireâ€s highest standards.

With all wayward rebels safely under constant visual supervision, the mission began in earnest. Collection containers were generously filled by local aliens, who enjoyed the surprise of seeing such well groomed, orderly and disciplined troopers.

Some of the locals however showed their inter-racial discrimination in the form of open shock, and occasional horror, going as far as regarding us as the aliens.
[Image: alienfear.jpg]

Some of the alien younglings not yet affected by the racial reservations of their parental agents showed signs of intense curiosity towards our specialty troops.
[Image: PatTheKitty.jpg]

Some younglings showing a desire to serve the Empire couldnâ€t go past receiving a hands-on inspection of the Imperial issue uniforms, that look so smart and so handsome.
[Image: CuddleTime.jpg]

Some thought they could out cool the galaxyâ€s most chilled bounty hunter, but fell way short of the mark, proving once again that you canâ€t out-jet the Fett …
[Image: ChilledAsBoba.jpg]

Eager to prove that we donâ€t need bounty hunter scum, the white armour brigade was successful in capturing the Fitness First outpost.
[Image: WereTakingOverThisJoint.jpg]

Unfortunately, the distraction of lithe, scantily clad twileks on the exercise equipment was too much of a distraction, and the outpost was lost.

Needing to regain some honour after the loss of the outpost, the white plastic brigade went all out to prove that hot chicks really do dig armour ...
[Image: GirlsReallyDoDigArmour.jpg]

The contest was over, and the white knights retained their honour.

With honour intact, it was time to show the locals how the Empire does it …
[Image: NowThatsABlaster.jpg]

[Image: CanIPleaseMummy.jpg]

After all the excitement of a successful mission however, the troops all needed some “me” time.
[Image: ZenTK.jpg]

Injuries: None

Malfunctions: None

Public Incidents: Only good ones ...

Mission Status: Successful. (amount raised pending - stay tuned)

Photos:
What? You want more? Aaaah

Alright ... more coming ...
Awesome, sorry I missed this one. I do love this troop. Sad

Well done guys Wink. From what I heard though there was one incident with an amusing end.
I would have loved to make this as it is a local troop for me, Instead I was too busy getting blasted by my fellow garrison members at skirmish. Next time I'll be there... next time...
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Well done troopers
Great troop report! Sorry that I missed this local one, but like Deltorn, I was getting shot at skirmish.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
This was a great troop once again and conveniently close to my house.
Ray are you going to put your photo's up on the redback photobucket?

Other photos can be seen on the EB Indooroopilly facebook page.
:dw11: :dw12:
Great troop Ray thanks and love the report Smile

Had a ball and so did the Jawas....some fantastic pics already can't wait to see the rest
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Tuesday 3-May-2011, 02:53 PM)Bossy Wrote:  This was a great troop once again and conveniently close to my house.
Ray are you going to put your photo's up on the redback photobucket?

Other photos can be seen on the EB Indooroopilly facebook page.

I got tons of good photos of the day, but I have to check to see if I have access to the photobucket account. As soon as I can though I'll get them up.

Apologies to those who didn't get a pic of them in the troop report. I initially had a much bigger report with photos of everyone, but I could only post 10 pics at once, so it was trimmed to the max.
Nice troop report Ray.

It was a nice day, shame I couldn't stay any longer but thems the breaks.

You might try hitting up one of the command staff for the photobucket details. Wink
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
I wanted to share this little snippet that happend on this troop.
Near the end of the troop a little boy came up to me and pulled on my hand to get my attention. So I bent down to hear what he had to say. He asked 'How close are you to capturing General Grevious?' I told him that General Skywalker is working on it and he is getting very close to capturing General Grevious. With this knowledge the little boy said thank you and walked off back to mum and dad.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks so cute
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
daww thats cute XD
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
(Wednesday 4-May-2011, 06:01 AM)Phantom Wrote:  I wanted to share this little snippet that happend on this troop.
Near the end of the troop a little boy came up to me and pulled on my hand to get my attention. So I bent down to hear what he had to say. He asked 'How close are you to capturing General Grevious?' I told him that General Skywalker is working on it and he is getting very close to capturing General Grevious. With this knowledge the little boy said thank you and walked off back to mum and dad.

Awesome Smile

Jag
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Looks like agreat troop.. Thanks for the troop report ... a great read with excellant visuals...
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

I had an absolutely awesome time. Too bad I had to leave early for work

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Starlight Week EB Games Albert Street Donut 4 576 Wednesday 30-Aug-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
  Sun 5-May-2019 - Starlight Week EB Games Maryborough Triple9 0 1,795 Tuesday 27-Aug-2019, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Triple9
  Starlight Week Zing and EB Games, Mackay Nighthawk 5 6,563 Friday 18-May-2018, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Nighthawk