Million Paws Walk 2011
Date: 15 May 2011

Venue: Cannon Hill, Brisbane

Time: 8:00

Mission: To attend the Million Paws Walk and help raise funds for the RSPCA

Trooper Attendance: Cobra, Moxxxie, Jimcricket, Lestat

Support Crew: fx.guy

Detail: Troopers arrived between 7:30 and 8:00 am. After a quick recon it was time to armor up and maintain order, imperial style.
We mingled with the crowd ensuring there were no rebel spies, and taking time to have photos taken with imperial fans. Shortly after our RSPCA volunteer, the lovely Carman, accompanied us shaking the can for donations.
Commander Ric was very careful not to drop or squash some cute and cuddly friends during photo ops.
It wasn't long before the walk commenced and we waited to allow the crowd to disperse a litte before joining in. With the Moxxie's, Ric's and Jimcricket's imperial pooches marching proudly we set out on the 1.5km walk.
On completion of the walk we then saught some shade and continued having photos with the adoring public and their four legged friends. By 11:00 we were satisfied there were no rebel spies and proceeded to depart.

Charity Funds Raised: $96.55

Injuries: None

Malfunctions: Fx.guy did discover a land mine stuck to the bottom of his shoe which need to be removed before he was allowed in the departing transport.

Public Incidents: None.

Mission Status: A complete success with the RSPCA co-ordinator eager to have us back for next years walk. All in all a good day with smiles all round.

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...ay%202011/
Economical Assault Trooper
I loved this troop! It was really lovely to have such a relaxed and friendly place!

It was also pretty cool to troop with Jamie! He came home and slept for a few hours today! hahaha, we'd pooped him out!

I also discovered a Barker's Egg while we were on the walk...
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Malfunctions: Kira (my dog) got car sick on the way to the event and puked in the back of my car. completely missing the blanket she was on (sigh). was a great troop, dam that was alot of dogs. kira slept the rest of the avo in the sun while i cleaned dog spew out of my car :P
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
*lol* and found some Furries too, by the looks of it!
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
HeheheLol Landmines, Barker's eggs and dog puke sounds like a messy day.

Well done troopers. Doppeldaumen1
Well done guys and to your four legged friends...barkers egg...never heard that before...love it Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Monday 16-May-2011, 06:28 AM)Tirilia Wrote:  *lol* and found some Furries too, by the looks of it!

I was contacted by one of the furries today. They keen to learn all about the 501st now, so we might see them out of their fur and into armour. Smile
Sounds great Mark Smile well done converting *lol*
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Well if Furries are joining, I imagine we will have an influx or Wampas and Talz to deal with.. Both suits probably aren't that far of a stretch to what they were wearing anyway.. :P

Love seeing the pics. I can't wait to get mine completed so I can join in on all the fun. Wink
Good work guys lol @ mark and the landmine
hey all, i got this email from the RSPCA today. I emailed them just to touch base and find out how our fundraising went because I hadn't heard from the. Great work Moxxxie, Rick, Jimcricket and Fx.guy.

Hi Robert,
Thanks very much for getting in touch. I was so sure that I had emailed you but ended up ashamedly finding the email in my drafts so Iâ€m very sorry I didnâ€t get in contact with you earlier!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the day and from what I saw and heard everyone loved having you there!
A total of $96.55 was donated specifically for Stormtrooper photos which is great! Your photo collection fared quite a bit better than the people dressed up as dogs, face painting and a few other activities but in total they all raised $734.45 which is a significant chunk J
We would love to have you involved in a higher capacity next year and is certainly something we will discuss with more lead time!
We will definitely keep your offer in mind for anything else appropriate that comes up.
The photos are fantastic, thank you for sending the link through.
Please pass our appreciation on to other members in the garrison, it was a great addition to the walk!
Thank you for your support and I hope you have a great weekend!

Kindest regards,
Rosanna
Well done! I'm glad the four legged members got to troop!
just another update from the RSPCA and a really nice gesture

Attached Files
.pdf   MPW2011_Certificate-of-Appreciation.pdf (Size: 662.47 KB / Downloads: 8)
.pdf   MPW Thank You.pdf (Size: 85.57 KB / Downloads: 7)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SCARS & 4 Paws Walk sharpshooter2231 1 2,096 Sunday 29-Sep-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Kelz
  SCARS 4 paws animal rescue walk for awareness scoot040 1 2,880 Sunday 23-Sep-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Triple9
Troop Report 4 paws annual dog walk scoot040 1 4,210 Monday 5-Sep-2016, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Xmez