Troop Report 
Date:
Sunday 19th June 2011

Venue:
New Farm State School

Time:
10am to 2pm

Mission:
Raise money to go towards much needed supplies for the school.

Trooper Attendance:
TR2478 Rents
TK2562 Draco
TB3236 Sideshow Mel
TK5389 Phantom
TS7675 Fallout
TC8574 Jimcricket
Jedi Hopfot

Guest Trooper Attendance:
Muppet, Tanna and the rest of the muppet clan
Cobra

Support Crew:
Ufaild
Stormraven

Detail:
At 8:30am my transporter was stopped at the entry to the cadet training facility (New Farm State School). After a brief discussion with the gate keeper I was allowed entry to setup our temporary base for the day. I did a quick recon looking for cadets and sign of any any rebel activity. None spotted. I set to erecting the temporary shelter when another stall holder came and gave me a hand. At this time cadet Ufaild arrived and we set the structure up in no time. Cadet stormraven soon appearead. We then positioned our propaganda material for all to see so that no one could miss us. After a quick briefing both cadets where issued shirts for the day so there would be no mistaking them in amongst the crowd.
At around 9am TR2478 Rents arrived with family to enjoy the days outing. The organiser made her way over to meet us and showed us to our change room. Soon after TS7675 Fallout was led to the rooms by one of our helpful cadets. The three of us armoured up and made our way to the outpost at about 10am.
At the outpost more reinforcements had arrived TK2562 Draco, TB3236 Sideshow Mel, TC8574 Jimcricket and Jedi Hopfot. All where shown to the change rooms to get changed.
On the way back to the outpost I have been told that TC8574 Jimcricket took part in a local game something called a dunny roll toss, which he excelled at so I am told.
TK2562 Draco and TC8574 Jimcricket along with cadet Ufaild did a roving patrol of the school grounds many holo pics where taken.
Meanwhile at the out post TR2478 Rents, TS7675 Fallout, TK 5389, Jedi Hopfot amazed the crowd with our awesomeness, cadet stormraven was excellent in his duty to pass out propaganda material and take holo pics.
The muppet clan dropped in and to check out the day and Muppet handed out purchases to some of the troopers.
After a couple of hours some troopers went and de-armoured and left to enjoy the festivities.
Some younglings wanted a trooper to join them in a photo from the photobooth setup. TC8574 Jimcricket obliged with good humor although he couldn't sit in the booth the youngsters loved the pics.
As TK2562 Draco de-amoured it was time for TB3236 Sideshow Mel to shine and she was a huge hit with everyone.
That pesky jedi must have been bored because he started to muck around with a pink bow, or was it just a mind trick. Initially it was on our new clone then it ended up on me much to my displeasure and TB3236 Sideshow Mel wanted no part of it either.
Many more holo pics taken. As the citizens enjoyed our presence and gave local credits into the collection buckets and they sounded like they where getting full. I requested that one of the organising staff come and take the credits off our hands.
While we waited for the collector to come TR2478 Rents, TS7675 Fallout came back armoured up to wow the crowd again.
Cobra turned up later in the afternoon and again was bearing gifts for a couple of troopers in the shape of shirts.
The day was drawing to an end most of the troopers had de-armoured and enjoying a burger and a drink. The collector came along took the credits away for counting we then called it a day as things where getting pretty quiet.
The outpost was pulled down in record time with the help of Cobra, Ufaild and Stormraven. All things stowed away in the transport we bid farwell to each other and the end of yet another successful troop.

Charity Funds Raised:
I think it was around $100, but the organinsing committee will let me know in the next day or so.

Injuries:
None

Malfunctions:
Some kid poked out the mesh in one of my hovis

Public Incidents:
Apart from the usual, scared kids and crying babies none to report

Mission Status:
Complete success with many comments on how awesome we are...but we knew that already.

I want to say a big thanks to Mrs. Rents and jawas who kept an eye on the stand for bit while we got changed, thank you very much. Also to Sideshow Mel for suiting up and joining in.

Thank you to all troopers in and out of armour and to cadets Ufaild and Stormraven you guys did a great job. I think this is the most varied display of costumes I have seen at one of these smaller troops and I think it impressed the hell out of everyone there. Well done Redbacks.

Photos:
Fete Pics
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great report mate. Looks like a fun day.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Always happy to be of service to the empire =)
"Damn it Jim I'm a wrangler "
Awesome report, Phantom!

Sounds like you guys upheld the Garrison Motto with pride!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Great report phantom, well done to all.
The 2 cadets did a top notch effort, can see it in their eyes they were itching to be sporting armour though
Thanks Phantom, great troop, although I did help pull down your awning, wanted to carl it lol
Great troop - Well Done to all involved!
That looked like a lot of fun.
Have to say it was the best troop I've ever been to ( and the first ). Hehehe . But Rents is right although I will probably still be wrangling next troop I am really keen to get out in proper uniform ASAP.

I also think Phantom also deserves a special mention for staying armored all troop, but that could have been he was worried about de-armouring in a shared change room with a legion of female younglings.

It was a fun day, quite tiring for me (I'll assume it's cos I'm three months pregnant) I love a school fete. Unfortunately I couldn't troop as long as I wanted to as I had a helmet failure that will need fixing, my visor stuff came unstuck in the middle & was sitting uncomfortably on my nose almost the whole time, leaving a red line & sore nose the next day.
CV:sn11::DW11::SN2011v2:DW2012:GCSN12:CVI:DW13:
Looked to me like this trooper was enjoying the nice pink ribbon he was tricked with. :P
[Image: WP_000088.jpg]
One of the ladies who I work with gave me this magazine arcticle...a lot of money raised for the school...
[Image: Magazine.jpg]
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
hehe I suppose at least it says "Storm Trooper" :P
Best fete hamburgers I've ever had with beetroot relish.... No wonder they raised heaps Smile
there was a reason why the line at the burger stand never seemed to get any smaller, people kept coming back for more. And I would be happy to go back there again next time for some more, might even try the goat burger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 401 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Bray Park State School Fete Wrexham 4 514 Tuesday 12-Sep-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Dark Dora
Troop Report Toowoomba East School Fete 2021 Bolt_2112 5 2,029 Tuesday 14-Sep-2021, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect