Logan Library - 501st Legion Costume Workshop
Troop Report 
Date: 20th August, 2011

Venue: Logan Library

Time: 1400-1500

Mission: To show local Citizens how to sign-up to become the Empire's finest.

Trooper Attendance: The Scotsman, Phantom

Guest Trooper Attendance: Natwest plus two Jawas.

Support Crew: Oigen and Aurra.

Detail: The Scotsman arrived early to secure the facility in preparation for the Recruitment Station set-up.

Once inside, he quickly displayed the room with all things Imperial. A poster was put up to show last years "Relay 4 Life".

And a number of The Scotsman's costumes were put on display. These included, TK, SL, ID and BH (BH still needs to be completed).

Phantom soon arrived and got changed in the Green Room (Kitchenette). Oigin and Aurra were next to arrive.

It was then 10 to 2 and members of the public began to file in. The Scotsman soon noticed that a large proportion of the potential recruits were possible Galactic Academy members. Only 1/3 were there for possible 501st membership. We might need to clarify this next year.

All the Galactic Academy recruits were on the edge of their seats at the beginning of the workshop with the older recruits sitting back in their chairs. But by the end of the allotted time this was completely reversed.

The Scotsman began with an introduction. And a question was fired at him almost straight away.

"Are you a Stormtrooper?" - GA Recruit

"Yes...... And so is he." - The Scotsman

With this, Phantom emerged from the Green Room to begin the shock and awe campaign. They were all shocked and awed.

This helped to electrify the room. There was no escaping here. Natwest had them covered. He had silently flown his Tie-Fighter to out-flank the audience. And still had time to arrest two Jawas who were loitering with intent. He joined The Scotsman at the front of the room. Our combined Imperial might was palpable.

The workshop continued with The Scotsman going into intimate detail on the costumes on display. All the while taking questions from the audience. These included, "Do Stormtroopers sleep?" "What happened to them when the Rebels won at the end?" etc.

There were even questions on 501st Legion costumes.

At the conclusion of the workshop The Scotsman donned his TK so that everyone present could get some pix. There was a very long line and it took quite some time.

A large number of cards were handed out and a number of potential 501st and GA recruits promised to join the forums and say hello. Thus, pledging their commitment to the Empire.

Injuries: None. The audience were well behaved and did not need suppressing.

Malfunctions: None.

Public Incidents: One member of the public was placed under arrest. This was done at his request for a photo opportunity.

Mission Status: Complete. Once again the Library Staff were most impressed with the workshop. They would like us to return again next year.

Photos: Many were taken by the public. However, with everything The Scotsman had to pack in preparation for the workshop the only thing that didn't get packed was a camera.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
great talk scotty. you know you have educated the younglings well when they write "empire rules and rebels suck" in the comments book
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
Good fun little troop...to say that they where in awe is an understatement...nice arvo thanks Scotty.
I think one of the library ladies took some pics maybe hit her up?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Well done Scotty, and thanks to all who turned up to this event!

Scotty your talk was fantastic, well done mate, thanks for having us!!!
Great work Scotty! The presentation was awesome last year, sounds like it went even better this year!
[Image: sterb104.gif]
This was the first event I have seen you guys at, I Thought it was well done and I am hoping to get to the library this weekend to see the bigger gathering.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 11 14,095 Wednesday 31-Aug-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ponchomon
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 16 22,033 Thursday 3-Sep-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Logan Library SciFi finale day chopper 14 18,553 Thursday 11-Sep-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: scoutjockie