Newbie - Rockhampton QLD
Hey there, I've been thinking about joining for some time now. I finally got to meet some of the members at the Microsoft TechEd on the Gold Coast. What got me the most was how great and how passionate the guys were about the charity work they are doing.
A quick introduction about me, I'm in Rockhampton, Central Queensland, I have a child, Kyle 16 who has Angelman's Syndrome. I very interested in doing charity work here in Central Queensland to assist places like Kyle's special school. I reckon myself and Nerf could easily collect a few thousand dollars of Coles dockets for the school sports equipment on a Saturday morning at the local shopping centre.
I'm going to ask all the usual newbie questions ...
Hopefully Muppet Notworthy will send me a private message and I'll start to get my storm trooper kit organised. I've been following the UK copyright issue with interest.
I'm hoping that because I'm 5'11" (181cm) and 70kg that I'm a pretty "standard" size for a storm trooper.
I'd really like to get to the Dream World 2012 and Supa Nova convention in 2012. My lovely partner Lisa would will probably go steampunk to the Supa Nova but I'm sure I can talk her into a Princess Leia costume Eyebrows
Welcome Angelman, didnt catch your name,
I will be up your way first week of October. Will have to organise an ap with Nerf.
Ken
Oops Michael, the name's Michael. I figure I should explain why I've got the tag name of Angelman .... then forgot about my real name Rolleyes
hey mate i remember talking to you at the Microsoft troop. welcome to the forums and more importantly weclome the the most awsome grarrison in the 501st. great to see your hear for the right reasons as well, chairty and the love of the empire. thats what we are all about here. i am 6ft and 73kg you will fit in fine as a trooper. is there anny other costumes your interested in?

oh an dont worry about real names, everyone here calls me jim. thats not my real name Smile
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hey there Angelman,

Good to see you posted on the forums. Smile

I should be getting my armour next week and when Muppet comes up in October, he will probably give me a hand and a few pointers to help me get started. You're welcome to come and see how its done if you want. Smile
Hey Angelman, love the name Wink. Welcome to RBG.

5'11" is a good height. not as tall as some and not as short as... others :P .
Hey Nerf, so does it look like a complex 3D jigsaw puzzle? I have shed with loads of tools that I don't use very often. (Air compressor, air tools including a grinding kit), bench drill, electric planner, sanders, etc Probably even have a pop rivet gun somewhere (I may have broken the last one I had building a garden shed)
More like a 1:1 scale model kit.
Welcome Michael,

Good to see your interested about joining up.

It's amazing the amount of good we can do in costume and you'll find it a very rewarding experience.

Like you said it's a good way to help draw attention to a special cause that needs it.

cheers Joe
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Welcome aboard, Michael!
We've got a pretty great bunch of people here at the Redback Garrison - lots of fun to be had, while doing something worthwhile for charity!

I joined back in 2008 after seeing an ad for "Heart of an Empire" which is a pretty heartfelt doco on the 501st.

In any case, ask loads of questions - and you'll be trooping in no time at all!

Jacqui
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks Jacqui, I'll have to post a photo of my partner Lisa and see what people suggest as a costume for her. She does steampunk well :-)
Great to see guys and gals committed to the cause.
Hi Michael welcome aboard.
I was at the microsft troop with Jim had a ball. It is amazing what some white plastic can do and the amount of good that can come out of it.
I'm like Mox, saw 'Heart Of An Empire' and that was it for me...looked up the 501st and found the best garrison and signed up.
Ask lots of questions we are all here to help out...good luck and have fun.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey there Angel, welcome to the RGB

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Hey mate and welcome aboard. I remember talking to you at the Microsoft troop and talking about how spread out we are.

Glad to see you on our forums. Be sure to see Muppet when he is up your way next month, he has the answers to all your questions.

Be sure to come on down for supanova and Dreamworld if you can. We are expecting over 100 troopers at the 2012 Dreamworld troop, very different to anything else you will ever see. Even without the armour you are more than welcome to join us to celebrate these events.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi and welcome Michael,
you wont have a problem with your size at all, I am 5' 11 and you can add about another 18kilos...Aaaah and I fit...the joys of elastic straps.
Stormtroopers are a great start and everyone knows them on sight.
Hope to meet you at DW 2012
Cheers
Agent
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Rockhampton newbie... LadyTarkin 15 23,927 Sunday 13-Nov-2011, 09:10 PM
Last Post: NQDude