First Armour
Gidday all. I am looking to join the 501st in the next couple of months however I will obviously be needing a set of armour. I have a feeling that Mouldman on the Goldie is the place to go........ Does he do the entire suit for a stormtrooper? And what kind of coin am I looking at? If I am going to do this I want to do it right. I have wanted a stormtrooper costume since I was 12 and have seen you guys in action and now the time is right for me.

Kind Regards All,

Neil
Hi mate...welcome to the Redbacks.
PM Muppet he can give you the run down on stormies or just PM MM
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi and welcome, yep just follow Phantoms advice.. Doppeldaumen1
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the redbacks mate. Just follow what has already been advised and you will have taken the first step to being One of us, One of us, One of us...
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
We are one! But we are many! And from all the lands on earth we come!
We share a dream! And sing with one voice!
I am, you are, we are imperial! Jig
Welcome to the redbacks, mate!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Yeah MM's tha man! Just picked up my first kit off him tonight and I'm very impressed. Get a set you'll love it... And welcome aboard mate.
g'day all. pretty much the same question as posted.Meet a few of the crew at Supernova and was most impressed. Even got the pic with the Lord himself.Notworthy looking forward to hopfully joining up and spreading some happiness through charity.
being doing a bit of reading on a few sites and mouldman on the goldie sounds the go. I'M 6' and 130kg so wonder if i might be abit big to be a trooper? any suggestions or advice welcome.Doppeldaumen1
Welcome stew one thing youll find is that you are never too big ( or too small ) to be a trooper, the only real criteria is to pick something that you like. Next thing is to come along to an Armour Party or an event and see some of the costumes close up and get yourself "verified". MMs outfits have pleased many troopers but it best to get some others to help you trim and fit it to your body shape.
G'days mate. MM does great armour, however, and I say this from personal experiance, a larger body has the effect to tear through MM armour. AM might be a better way for you to go. Wink
(Thursday 17-Nov-2011, 11:34 PM)stewthesith Wrote:  I'M 6' and 130kg so wonder if i might be abit big to be a trooper? any suggestions or advice welcome.Doppeldaumen1

I would suggest you look at the AM Armour as well...

I have a set you can check out some time for fit....
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Friday 18-Nov-2011, 05:43 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  
(Thursday 17-Nov-2011, 11:34 PM)stewthesith Wrote:  I'M 6' and 130kg so wonder if i might be abit big to be a trooper? any suggestions or advice welcome.Doppeldaumen1

I would suggest you look at the AM Armour as well...

I have a set you can check out some time for fit....

MM might be a bit of a tight fit although you can shim it otherwise yea if you can get around to see TheWolf as AM armour run's a little bigger.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
(Friday 18-Nov-2011, 03:58 AM)hopfot Wrote:  G'days mate. MM does great armour, however, and I say this from personal experiance, a larger body has the effect to tear through MM armour. AM might be a better way for you to go. Wink

lol no, HOPPY and his dodgey webbing job has the effect to tear through MM Wink (n that was the old HIPs too) You're the only trooper to date to do that.

But the guys are right, broader girths suit AM (as it's fan made for the "average" American.)
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
(Friday 18-Nov-2011, 11:46 AM)MouldMan Wrote:  
(Friday 18-Nov-2011, 03:58 AM)hopfot Wrote:  G'days mate. MM does great armour, however, and I say this from personal experiance, a larger body has the effect to tear through MM armour. AM might be a better way for you to go. Wink

lol no, HOPPY and his dodgey webbing job has the effect to tear through MM Wink (n that was the old HIPs too) You're the only trooper to date to do that.

But the guys are right, broader girths suit AM (as it's fan made for the "average" American.)

Talk to Tiri, her armour did the same thing. Sorry mate, it's true. Your armour isn't suited for larger troopers. Yes it is stronger as ABS than when it was HIPS. But plastic isn't designed to be stretched.

Not trying to rob you of a sale, Just trying to help a cadet make the right choice for them.
thanx guys. looks like i have lot more homework to do. partof the fun i guess. i got an email saying best thing is to come to an armory party and go from there. one question. what is a realist outlay of cash on an outfit. keep it basic to get started an joined and build from there. maybe i should lay off the weights for a while..
(Friday 18-Nov-2011, 05:34 PM)stewthesith Wrote:  thanx guys. looks like i have lot more homework to do. partof the fun i guess. i got an email saying best thing is to come to an armory party and go from there. one question. what is a realist outlay of cash on an outfit. keep it basic to get started an joined and build from there. maybe i should lay off the weights for a while..

I think something like $800.00 although I could be mistaken but someone here will no doubt correct me Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway