Fresh from the Vats.....
Hi guys, newbie here, looking to start building some costumes and getting into some charity work.

Done some research and thinking I might prefer to build my own Stormy armor for a first project, based in pepakura, any thoughts?
Peace
G'day mate and welcome Smile

Unless you have a tonne of experience with Pep; I'd stay away from it. There are a heap of better options for a stormy and a good quality kit isn't that expensive. Just my 2cents there. Looking forward to seeing your progress whatever way you go; a pep TK would be a unique one. But it is a tricky way to go about it.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Hey there mate and welcome.
Have to agree with Tach on that, a TK kit is reasonably priced and I am not sure if a PEP TK would be 501st acceptable.
Shoot muppet a PM about any costume questions.
Good luck and hope to see you around
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I'm sure if it looked right, it would be approved, but that's a BIG gamble. Like the other guys have said, a plastic kit is the way to go. Reasonably priced, and if you knuckle down (and know what you are doing), you could get it done in a weekend.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome the the Redback forums, as the guys above me have said, doing a PEP TK would be hard. There are other plastic armour that would be cheaper and easier to do.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome! What they said ^ Smile

Most people have enough to worry about strapping a TK for the first time. I can;t imagine how long it would take to build the armour first.

Check around at your options, then decide for sure. A Vac molded TK would be the easier option by far....
Not as original, but much easier.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
I agree with the rest of the Troopers have said so far, a pre-moulded ABS plastic kit should be your choice.
As Phantom pointed out, have a chat to Muppet.
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with whichever way you go. Even if you build the PEP as an oddity it would be cool.
Hey Dash, welcome to the Redbacks!
Smash out that pep armour! Sounds like a great plan... !!!
Stay in touch with Muppet, cos it may be a hard one to squeeze through crls...
And the guys above have been round long enough to comment on it.
The plastic fantastic is always a trusted standby, as is imperial officer gear...
Sounds like you know what you want to achieve and I wish you luck!
Hope to see you out where the plastic meets the pavement soon...

.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Heya Dash Welcome to RBG. Have to agree with my fellow troopers, Pep=not a good idea. Give Muppet a PM and find yourself an armour to suit you, there are plenty available.
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Welcome welcome Ash, where do you hail from?

and I agree with everyone bout pep.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Welcome to the Redbacks!!! I have 0 advice to offer on the TK front...but am looking forward to seeing your build...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome aboard!!! Smile
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Welcome to the Redbacks, if you are free on the 24th there will a Armour Party at Kevs place. This will give you a look at what goes into making a set of armour.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky