Wrangling
I cannot see that forum I'm afraid :P
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
not till your a full member nope Sad

need to lie about your age ... d'oh too late for that
DW2013 to DW2018
Hahaha, all good :P
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Just back on topic for a moment...
I'd like to add great thread Mel, and also sometimes people think wrangling isn't as exciting as being in armour, but it is also fun I love doing it , and talking to people about what we do and costumes and taking photos for the public, saturday at GCSN i had a great time wrangling and shaking the tin with Spooky. You get out of it what you put in. Jig
Also when wrangling always check the Tie Pilots tubes and straps are in the right places..
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 06:34 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  Also when wrangling always check the Tie Pilots tubes and straps are in the right places..

And that the TKs crotch straps are done up Smile
And there under suits / skins get a big tear / hole from armour kiss's tell them ASAP not let them find out when they go to de armour later .
Cheers
Wolf
And that the TKs crotch straps are done up Smile
[/quote]

I'll do most things to help when I wrangle but there are limits...Lol
Thanks for the heads up Rebel I'll make sure to pack some hospital grade gloves in my wrangler bag
(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 08:31 PM)Artemis Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up Rebel I'll make sure to pack some hospital grade gloves in my wrangler bag

Oh Artemis, its not that bad.... hmmm well actually on second thought - they can never hurt... Cheeky
(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 08:53 PM)stormybrite Wrote:  
(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 08:31 PM)Artemis Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up Rebel I'll make sure to pack some hospital grade gloves in my wrangler bag

Oh Artemis, its not that bad.... hmmm well actually on second thought - they can never hurt... Cheeky

Hey boys scouts number one rule is Always be prepared
When moving costumed members from point A to point B, raise your hand and speak loudly when there is an obstacle, be clear and descriptive, example gutter ahead step up. When you get to a door way stop the troopers and check the way is clear before proceeding so we don't end up with a traffic jam.
Hand signals work very well, example telling a trooper the time, so they have an idea about how long they have been in costume (bare in mind some troopers can troop comfortably for different periods than other troops, mostly dependant on the type of costume too).
Please let the troopers know if some has made a sizable donation, I'm always happy to do extra photos for people that give more.
Can some please bring a marker to write on the water bottles.
If anyone has any of the old business cards to hand out bring them please, at least they have our web details on it.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 10:02 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Hand signals work very well, example telling a trooper the time, so they have an idea about how long they have been in costume (bare in mind some troopers can troop comfortably for different periods than other troops, mostly dependant on the type of costume too).

You have to watch the young guys, they can't handle it like the seasoned veterans. Especialy when they go out the night before and do silly things. No sympathy for the self inflicted though.

(Sunday 28-Apr-2013, 10:02 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Can some please bring a marker to write on the water bottles.
If anyone has any of the old business cards to hand out bring them please, at least they have our web details on it.

This is a good idea. Was also thinking about a small esky for behind the set in the cool down area.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Guys, have been noticing in quite a few threads plenty of the cadets sound worried/think they arent up to it etc about wrangling. It is a big job but just dont freak/stress yourselves, your not re-inventing the wheel so dont over-think things too much.

The best thing you can have is commonsense, use this and you will be fine. Just know who you are with on your shift and look after them - and above all have fun yourself. Talk to the people who approach, dont shy away and think 'its only for the troopers'. Most troopers will have difficulty communicating with buckets on to the public, so dont be afraid to answer there questions and get involved. Dont over-extend yourselves either, like the troopers, if youve had enough put your hand up and go have a rest, remember, every bit we do is first and foremost for fun!!!
DW2011CVICVII
That's right. The only thing you have to fear is me.
CV:sn11::DW11::SN2011v2:DW2012:GCSN12:CVI:DW13:
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 06:01 PM)SideshowMel Wrote:  That's right. The only thing you have to fear is me.

Are you sure about that, I mean from what I've heard your a soft kitty cat. :P Doc thanks for some comfort I mean I can't wait till I start wrangling but I don't want to be scared doing it. I've been taking down notes from what I've been reading and I'll make sure that I'll cater for all members.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrangling/Support Crew Information Phantom 28 59,786 Wednesday 28-Mar-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Ashlyn_Dubreas