Let the Dark side block out the sunny coast!
Greetings Troopers. Paul from the sunny coast here. Bardello (Bardy for short) has been my MMO name in the past and feels respectful and right to bring him into this awesome new world. Firstly let me just say that I sincerely think the work you guys do is inspiring and brilliantNotworthy. Secondly I can't wait to help and join in the fun that this family has enjoyed for the last 15 years.

I am currently in an unfavourable position with employment due to the retraining I just undertook to better my earning potential,so unfortunately I can't start on my build till I remedy the situation (better half's stipulation).

I do however find myself at this point with a few extra hours each day to research the process (WIN Doppeldaumen1 ) .So any help in this regard would be very appreciated. I have priced the materials needed to make a vacuum form table and a heating source(I am/was a Plasterer so building stuff is bread and butter for me) So would love to hear from the experts on perfecting this process. Have not chosen which costume I want to build first so any advice there will also be appreciated. The mold's seem like they will be the hardest part, but I'm looking forward to the journey.

Until I can officially join the ranks with you, I will be following your journey with pride, envy and hope that your troops continue to bring happiness to the masses or at least find those Droids you were looking for. May your passions surround us and bind us to the Darkside.. Bardy
Heya Bardy and welcome to Redback Garrison.

Firstly let me say, brave move going into Vacu-forming. However most of us would just recommend buying the armour from someone who is already set up. Wink But the choice is yours, all you need to do is pic a costume. remember that there are soft costumes too (require no plastic armour parts). And cheap too, such as an IC (Imperial Crewman).
Hey mate welcome aboard, as Hoppy said, it's not necessary to vac-form your own armour, you can get it from others depending on what you want to do, although it's always good to have someone who can vac-form.
Once you decide on your first costume, contatct muppet for all the details on who to talk to and where to get it from etc.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the Redbacks mate
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Welcome to the Redbacks Bardy Doppeldaumen1 . There is no need to rush into deciding on a costume come along to some troops first to meet us and look at some costumes in the "flesh" and see what appeals the most.

Also there are several quick ways of getting into costume, the Imperial Crewman/Resevre Pilot requires a jump suit, hat, belt, and gloves Jig there are several threads re this build on the forum so have a look at them first.

I love reading that you want to buy you own vacuum form table and make armor Notworthy to get one but Its not necessary Im sure that if you do we will find plenty of things for you to make.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Bardy, great to see you so keen to get amongst it. "We will watch your career with much interest".
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome aboard, Bardy!

If you're keen to make a vacform table - Great! It is an expensive ordeal - with a lot of trial and error required. Just ask APOK, or FX.Guy. They've both built Vacforms and Rotocast setups, and it's not as straight forward as it first may sound. Dont let that put you off - but get their inside scoop before you invest your hard earned!

If you're keen to get started with a TK, there's plenty of pre-moulded kits on the market. You then have to put in a few hours (20+ in some instances) of work to cut it out, size it up, and then web it all together to fit you!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the best group of friends in the galaxy Peace
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome.

As some of the guys have said, there are some simpler, cheaper costume options out there.

If money is an issue, but you're keen to start trooping, maybe consider one of these cheaper options, to become a member. Then you can take your time working on the bigger costumes, whilst still getting the chance to troop and be involved. Doppeldaumen1

That's great that you want to make your own armour too. Jig

Also, if you get a chance, come along to an armour party. Everyone's always happy to help, and give advice, and it would give you a chance to see armour and costumes being worked on.

Although lately, they have been more like 'sewing' parties, than armour parties. Hehehe
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Hi and welcome..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome welcome Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Hey guys thanks for the great welcome ! feeling the brother/sister hood already Smile

Am really keen to get into the vacuum forming side of things as I would like to make as much of my own gear as possible. also my wife is considering joining also and my 18 year old son. He has mates that are big Star Wars fans and if I can make a lot of the gear then they would possibly join also. I have a 15yr old son and and 8 year old daughter also so you can see its going to start costing me heaps if I have to buy all their gear. They will probably be more inclined to take better care of all their gear also if they have had to put the hours into building/painting it. Will be keen to PM anyone that can help make the process easier and source Mats cheaper.

Again thanks guys. So bloody excited !
Sounds like you got your own personal army in the making there Wink .
(Saturday 12-May-2012, 06:08 PM)hopfot Wrote:  Sounds like you got your own personal army in the making there Wink .

I promise to relinquish control once peace has been restored to the galaxy :P
Hi Bardello,

Welcome to the Fastest growing Garrison in the Milky Way...

"The Redback Garrison"

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from the sunny Gold Coast! Ktty 25 25,471 Monday 29-May-2017, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Ktty
  Reporting for duty from the Sunny Coast CentaurDWarrior 6 8,090 Tuesday 28-Feb-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: GaugeRage
  Just moved into the dark side Darth Aphrodite 19 16,801 Wednesday 27-Apr-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Darth Aphrodite