Troop Report - AUSCERT Gala Dinner
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday the 19th of May 2012

Venue: Royal Pines Resort

Time: 1800 - 2100

Mission: AUSCERT were having their annual Gala dinner and decided that they needed some awesomeness. What could they do. Jumping castle...nahhh. Balloon artist....snore. Maybe they could get a petting zoo. Hells no. They did the most sensible thing they have ever done and called us. Needless to say awesomeness was brung to the party.

Trooper Attendance:

Apok
Phantom
Muppet
Beanie
Hoon
Hopfot
Stormraven
Darkvoyd
Anakira
Sith Princess
Glitch
Jaggered
Oigen

Guest Trooper Attendance: TK4756 from the Rocky Mountain Garrison was attending this event as a guest. One he saw us the question was asked as to whether we were 501st. He was very impressed with us.

Support Crew:

Demios - Yep the super wrangler was there out of armour.
TK-TEX

Detail: Phantom turned up early and scope the place out. Soon after the team arrived to be directed to the Norfolk room. Deeming a spacious function room as adequate for our changing needs we all relaxed and I checked out the area for Rebel scum...none were found.

After having a couple of ice buckets of drinks delivered (posh I know), the main body of troops and Fett armoured up and headed out to await 700 party goers. Vader and the Emperor stayed behind to await the party goers inside the gala hall as a surprise.

Outside in the open air it was nice and cool to troop and there was a tank. Not a water tank but an actual tank. So with back up we mingled and got hundreds of photos taken by a lot of very amazed and awe struck attendees. Lets just say I think quite a few facebook profile pictures will have been changed by now.

Then it was time to usher them into the main gala room. A lot of "move alongs" were issued and we got them into the main room to face the wrath of the Emperor and Lord Vader. Once they were all seated all troopers and Sith Lords retired to the Norfolk Room.

After 5 minutes dinner was served....to us. Beef Casserole, fish, salad, a vegetarian medley, rice and dessert were delivered. Like a ravenous flock of mynocks we descended onto the food, only to have our eating cut short. The evening in the main room was going faster than expected. We re-armoured up and got back into the main room to mingle and arrest the emcee. Well we tried to but due to the lack of communication we didn't get the chance until a little later in the evening and by then the moment had gone. Still we made it look cool and we got some great photos.

Then the guests were served their dinner and it was time to exit. We went back to the Norfolk room and got back to the food. On the way back though Hoon, in his TB, was bailed up by one of the guests and asked him if he would pose on the guys motorbike. Before Hoon could answer the guy handed over a $50 donation. Needless to say Hoon, Vody and Anakira headed down there and got some photos.

Once we finished eating and packed up and headed back to our home bases. A great night was had by all. Really fun troop.

Charity Funds Raised: $1060

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Some drunken loon decided to try and steal Glitch's blaster. Luckily he was onto it and theft was averted.

Mission Status: Total success. AUSCERT were very impressed and hopefully a few people will ask us to future events.

Photos: TK-TEX and Demios took a few and hopefully they will post them or link them soon.
Great stuff! Sounds like you guys had an excellent time!Doppeldaumen1
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Awesome report but I think I was in Paris???????
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
That's right mate haha. First post updated.
Great report Apok Doppeldaumen1 this was an awesome troop Hehehe
Great report Adam.
Excellent troop thanks everyone
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great troop,great bunch of troopers,great donation & great food.
Great report there Apok!

Awesome fun had by all. I'm kinda glad the arrest of the MC went bad, not sure I remember how the process someone through the watchhouse these days. Thanks for leaving me hangin on the stage all by myself :D

My fav part was the $50 for charity just to have 2 photo's taken. We should make that the standard! :P

Good Job all!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Awesome time, good report, was great to get back into the white again.

Did anyone manage to get a photo of Muppet eating his dinner?
Here are the photos I took on the night

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...20Auscert/
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
(Sunday 20-May-2012, 11:30 AM)Deimos Wrote:  Here are the photos I took on the night

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...20Auscert/

I like all the photos with this trooper in them. Cheeky
[Image: IMG_4469.jpg]
well done to all look like you all had a great night.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

lucky the Emperor did catch you stormies playing up... or else vader would have shock his fist.

it was a great troop.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
$1060 raised, awesome guys !!! great job.

So proud to call you friends

REDBACKS RULE !!!

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Yeah, and you should have seen the line up of men wanting to be arrested by Shannon and I!

Hilarious! Hehehe

Great Troop. Doppeldaumen1
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 398 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 667 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,588 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops