Hey redback garrison!

Ive heard lots of awesome and wonderful things about what the 501st legion is all about, and seeing as though I've been a star wars fan from the moment my dad first introduced me to it, I'd love to be a part of the legion.

I'm friends with ashbash and am keen to meet others in the garrison and start getting involved. I'd love to offer my services at the Logan library troop this Saturday. Not sure what I need to be able to do that. Ashbash says I could probably be a wrangler Smile

I'm also interested in going what seems to be the standard route and getting an officers uniform for my first costume and from there who knows? I'm pretty interested in the snow troopers or atat officers Smile

A little about myself: I'm an aeronautical engineer, been living on the sunshine coast for 2 years and am keen on meeting new ppl and bringing smiles to those who need them. Also, can I jut say I reckon it would be totally awesome designing and building a half scale atst or atpt. I hear there's some ppl that are interested in model builds like that.
Welcome to the redbacks
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi Almica,

Welcome to the Mighty Redback Forums...

I like the sound of an AT-ST half scale model build... Smile

Also, you say that you are a friend of Ash Bash... Hmmm, she did say that she had some friends...
I wonder who the other one is then... Wink :P

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the Redbacks Almica. You are very welcome to attend the Logan Library troop. It would be a great opportunity to see some costumes and meet some people.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Welcome to the Redback forum Almica. We have a lot of good troopers here that can help you out.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome Almica to the Redbacks.
For sure drop down to the Logan library and meet a few of us, see a lot of different costumes and get a look at what you are in for Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Almica & welcome. The Imperial Officer is certainly a good/cheap 1st costume option, Ash & I ordered ours together to save on freight.

If you go with the same company (CosPlaySky from China) you've come in at the right time as they've incorporated the improvements to accuracy that we asked them for into a new upgraded costume so you don't need to ask for them specially. They've also improved the jodphers, both in sizing & the cut of the flare.

I'd recommend contacting SideShowMel (after she get's back from CVI) for one of her hats, and Muppet (also at CVI) for his belt.

Ash will be able to steer you right with Code Cylinders & boots.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the best dam garrison in the legion. Its ok if your friends with Ashbash, we can look pass that Cheeky.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Welcome to the Redbacks Almica, and Ashbash is right we are just Awesome Doppeldaumen1 . You will be more than welcome to come along to the Logan troop, not only will you get to meet many of the garrison but also get to see many Stormtroopers, Scouts, Bounty Hunters and Imperial Officers up close.

There are a few Snowtroopers around the garrison but only 1 or 2 AT-AT commanders. If you do start with an olive Officer uniform you will be able to upgrade it to the AT-AT commander later. If you haven't done so already join up on the Snowtrooper and Imperial Officer forums for more insights on these builds.

Bids and Nassik have done a lot to get the Cosplaysky company to bring their officer costume up to 501st standards so are a good choice.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hello and welcome Almica. See you at Logan Library Saturday.
Duck welcomes you as well.
Thanks for all the welcomes and beginner advice. Can't wait to meet the redbacks come Saturday. I'll start looking into the officer uniform right away. Thanks guys and girls!
Welcome to the best Garrison this side of the Known Galaxy. Doppeldaumen1
skip the officer and go the plastic fantastic
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome aboard!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Welcome to Redback Garrison, Friend of Ash.

At-St or At-Pt, the fact that you know of the At-Pt tells me that you know your EU. :P And therefore should have no trouble in deciding on a costume. Wink