hello and help on Gold Coast
hello all. Well where to start. My name is Colin my nickname is Cracker because I am always cracking jokes haha. ok I contacted the GML got advice to start here. I want to buy armor stormtrooper and helmet and have been advised not to buy from ebay. I have looked and looked and I am very confused. Can someone please point me in the right directions. I really want to get something good and not cheap rubbish.

I live on the Gold Coast and drive a tour bus for my work. I am 43 married to a very beautiful China girl and hope to get my armor setup before her return from china.

Thank you all,
Colin
Hey Colin,

Speak to muppet (Ken) he is our man on directing recruits on where to look for costumes. Just send him a PM.

Cheers
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

hi and welcome to the redbacks
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Rebacks. Awesome that you are on the GC. More and more of us getting approved. Ask a lot of questions and then decide. Best bet is to go to an armour party and see what it looks like up close and get to know the troopers. And then ask a few more questions. Better to get all the info than get stuck with something you regret buying. More than happy to help.

Cheers
Apok
Welcome Flyguy!
There's loads of options out there, so it's really worth spending time to do your research - to find out just what type of armour you want to get!

Hope to see you at an Armour Party soon!
Cheers,
Moxxxie
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Redbacks Colin, as Michael said, have a chat to Muppet (our GML), he'll direct you on where you need to go.
i already spoke to ken he told me to leave a message on here and that there was a guy on the GC that makes the stormtrooper costumes. I want to buy one already made as I am not good at making myself. HAHA Smile
Hi and welcome Cracker!

Hehe you dont think youre good at making them yourself? thank goodness you wont be alone then! Id never picked up more than a Drill in my whole life, and yet my first TK is almost finished thanks to the help I get from the awesome people here. In the long run, its really really rewarding to look at your armour go from 1000 peices to finished and think "Omg we did this". If you dont have time though, very very understandable!

Best of luck :D
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hi Cracker

Welcome to the Redbacks.

It is possible to buy armour already made but if you want it to look good you need to put it together to fit your body.
Draco is right, your armour needs to fit you well and the best way to do that, is to cut it to your body measurements. Make no mistake, you'll need to get your hands dirty, but fortunately there are plenty of troopers that will be willing to lend you a hand.
Welcome Cracker.

And if I can put together a TK (with a little help) anyone can.

If you do it. It will look great on you.

I know you have a deadline to complete. But don't rush. Take your time. Otherwise you might blow your money on something you wished you'd waited another month for.

Good luck on the journey.

ScottyDoppeldaumen1
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Welcome aboard mate - fun starts NOW !!!
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire
i see a few people talk about an armor party? when are they held and where? can you buy armor? As for making it myself thanks for the advice but how and where to start? I have little knowledge of these things.
Thanks again.
Hi Fly guy! Welcome!

The Armour we get is already molded, just not always cut out and fitted to you, and then you need to strap it so that it sits right on you etc...

We don't make our armour from scratch, well, at least most of us don't, so it's more of an assembly and fitting processes, than actually making it.

There's lots of different makes out there too, so you need to do some research on what you want, and how much you want to pay for it. Smile

Then you'll need to source boots, undersuit, blaster, and a few other small bits and pieces.

An Armour party is a get together, where some of us work on putting armour together, or do repairs and modifications. It's as much a social interaction as a working bee too. If you can get to one of those, it's a good chnace to see different makes of armour up close, and weight the pros and cons of each type. Bigfan
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Monday 8-Mar-2010, 12:52 AM)flyguy737 Wrote:  i see a few people talk about an armor party? when are they held and where?

They are held in peeps homes... Whenever. I'm sure there will be another one soon.

(Monday 8-Mar-2010, 12:52 AM)flyguy737 Wrote:  can you buy armor?

Not at an armour party. Usually.....

(Monday 8-Mar-2010, 12:52 AM)flyguy737 Wrote:  As for making it myself thanks for the advice but how and where to start?

Armour is sold in kit form. Once you have done some research as to what, exactly you want, you can contact the maker and take it from there.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,279 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,524 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart
  New (Phasma) recruit from the Gold Coast Darth Cooper 20 22,581 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Lord Chad