hello and help on Gold Coast
Hi there Crackers and welcome to the Redbacks. Don't rush into building your armour, it all takes time getting everythings together and sourcing bits. Best to get along to a troop or AP to see how we do things and an idea of what's it all about. Check the forums here of when the Ap or troop is coming up. Enjoy!
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hi Cracker, welcome to the redbacks. Great to see another gold coaster on board. Ditto on what everyone has said. First step is to decide how much your budget will allow and which armor you want. Also there are the extras previously mentioned like the undersuit, boots, blaster, belt, neck seal and gloves (i thing that's most of them)
There is a troop coming up at the adidas store in surfers that you may whish to check out. It will give you a chance to check out some of the types of armor and what to look out for when choosing.
Economical Assault Trooper
Welcome again Colin.
As i said in my email, there are a few makes of Stormtrooper armour. I listed the poplular ones and a brief description,eg accuracy and build size. You should also sign up on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) forum, as there is a lot of information there. You will need to do some reading and research, and when an Armour Party is held, try to get along to see first hand the different types of armour and make your own informed decision. As posted above, there is a troop on this Saturday at the Adidas store at the Gold Coast, so you're more than welcome to come and see us there.

What ever make of armour you decide to go with, you will still need to build it yourself (you could host your own amour party) as you will need to build it to your own body shape. It may seem to be daunting task, of having to "build" your own armour, but once you see first hand how its done, it really isn't, and there are plenty of enthusiastic Redbacks with experience willing to help you.
You will also need extras to finish off the costume,including
Body suit
Holster
Blaster
Gloves
Neck Seal
Boots

Ken
Muppet
all very good helpful advice and thanks Ken for the emails I have contacted Dale. I already have a blaster and have ordered a mod kit and also looking at the hyperdyne labs effects kit.

The neckseal boot and bodysock are easy to get as is the belt and holster. so if I can make it on Saturday I will but I might be working sadly. if not I will be there.

I hope to have my armor by the end of march thanks to ken's help and maybe be ready before end April.

I understand alot more now then I did before. Thank you so much all of you.

I would love to host an armor party at my place, it is a little small but I can setup. The only problem is getting a day off work and since I work when needed I don't have set days off however I will plan one and try to give plenty of notice.

if anyone else lives near Oxenford or on the coast I would love to drop over one day to see their armor.

Ok thanks again ppl! Smile
G'days Colin.
Welcome to 'The Best Damn' Garrisson. Good to see that your on your way to getting into a TK. The more the merrier and if you've seen the Dreamworld photos there are a few of us (understatement).

As everybody has already givin you the regular advice that all new recruits get I will just give my personal advice, as a view from a rookie if you will.
You've obviously done your research and not just jumped in with pre-built armour. This is good as even pre-built armour requires modifications and it's better that the armour is originally built for you (you must be sick of hearing that one by now Hehehe ).
Don't rush it, it may take you longer than a month to have your armour completed, but work at your own pace and ask lots of questions as you go.
I have denied it to many but I did rush my armour in the end to get ready for Dreamworld and my webbing is now falling apart and my legs require massive re-building. Not a big probleme though as my repairs will be easy.

Hope I have givin you some insite and hope to see you at an AP or Troop. Being a recruite doesn't mean you can't wrangle. Wink

Cheers

Scott "Hopfot TK-4881" aka Hop aka Hoppy aka (Nothing else) Hehehe
Welcome to the Redbacks Colin
I had an absolute blast & alot of fun building up my suit. It does take a little time, but the end result is worth it. Did my first troop at Dreamworld back in February.
Welcome Colin to the Redbacks
Save the Environment!..........Use your sleeve.
Hey Colin. Welcome to the Redback Garrison! Dont stress about your armour. You'll have heaps of help and no doubt there will be guys here who'll help you get it up and running over a week-end! I was the same, but once you've done it once, you get better. I have now built 5! Damn, and seeing as mine was the first one, the others have since dramatically improved and have been done in 1/4 of the time.

Its all fun and for a good cause!

Looks like another one for the GC!
So mate, will you be coming along to Supanova? Smile Wrangling can be a LOT of fun :D
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hey colin,

I'm the one that you saw today at southbank.

Hopefully will see you at an armour party or on a troop. soon.

Cheers Joe
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,328 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,551 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart
  New (Phasma) recruit from the Gold Coast Darth Cooper 20 22,618 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Lord Chad