getting started
hi everybody how can i obtain a uniform i live in melbourne
Hi Andrew,
Welcome to our forums Smile always good to see a new face

Your best bet would be to get in contact with some troopers a bit closer to you, as each of the Garrisons cover a certain geographical area, and the Redback's home turf is QLD, so you're probably needing the guys from the Terror Australis Garrison, since they handle Victoria, here's the link to their website:
http://501tag.com/

Being able to see armour first hand is a really big advantage, as well as being able to get lots of advice from guys who've "been there done that" when it comes to the quirks in different types of builds, do you have a particular costume in mind yet?
thanks joker for the info i do like the clone trooper and jango fett
Clone troopers are great, and the kids love them Smile
Welcome Andrew, good luck with your decision, the Clones are indeed popular with the youngling's and there are a heap in the build process at the moment. Both Boba & Jango are Rock Stars, always a huge response when they're at a troop.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
you queenslanders are awesome thanks for the info
(Tuesday 23-Oct-2012, 08:03 PM)andrew Wrote:  you queenslanders are awesome thanks for the info

Welcome, and be sure to let the Victorians know that. Doppeldaumen1
Welcome Andrew and congratulations on picking the Redbacks as Australias most awesome garrison Doppeldaumen1 . Sadly as JOker said you will be in the TAGs catchment area and it will be best to join their forums, but you are still welcome to visit our forums anytime.

While both the Clones and Bobba Fett are great costumes they are also fairly expensive, both in money and time. If that isnt a problem go with either one and your level of popularity will just soar whenever you wear one out in public.

Two fairly quick and cheap options are going Jawa ( height isnt an issue ) and Imperial Crewman ( also a good base for other costumes ).

Good luck with whatever way you go
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
i have a fair idea what they cost but what would a clone tropper cost about
From what I understand, an average animated clone kit runs for around the $900 mark, then you'd have construction costs, shoes, undersuit, gloves, neckseal etc. to add to that for a "grunt", if you want to go for a Commander, you're looking at around or over the $2000 all up...I think the realistic clones are similar in price range (don't quote me though)

Check out the armour builds section on this forum, there's a couple of really detailed threads including the costings that the troops have put into their clones, as well as giving you a good heads up for the amount of work involved in the build

You'll also find the clone trooper detachment forums have a fair bit of build info as well, here's the link to them:
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Like to get started on a First Order Stormtrooper Wes43 2 1,747 Friday 3-Jul-2020, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Beanie