Troop Report - 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party
(Tuesday 4-Dec-2012, 10:38 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  There was one boy I will never forget. His Mother said "It's Spider-man," and he reached towards me to which I replied "Would you like a photo?" His Mother said he was, "Blind, he just wants to be near you." so I leant down and said, "I can do something better than a photo then," and touched his reaching hands. He immediately followed all the webbing up my arm, along my shoulder and touched the mask and eyes. I said to the Mother, "All the webbing is 3-dimensional." Both Mother and child were elated with happiness, that blind child was able to see Spider-man in the only way he knows how, and I almost cried to be sharing that experience.

Awesome story Phoenix, that's why we love you so much, thanks for sharing.

I was lucky enough to witness a similar event, and I hope I'm not stealing Scope's Thunder here but :-

We were out mixing with the crowd, taking pictures, giving out high 5's & hug's, the usual. A father pushed his son up to Jason & as he bent down to say hello the father let us know his son was blind.
Jason took the boy's hands and guided them to his forearm & bicep armor and as the boy had the chance to explore it eventually up onto the face of his bucket.
The look of pure joy on the boy's face as he explored with the only sight he had as that of his finger tips, & then he exclaimed "it's amazing, I can feel the amount of detail in the face", is something that won't soon leave me.
I don't know how Jason was going inside the bucket, but I know I was struggling outside with nowhere to hide the tears.

It's a true privilege to troop with this Garrison and I hope it's not too much to say I've come to think of you as Brothers & Sisters.

Thanks very much for the experience.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Troop Report - 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party - by BIDS - Tuesday 4-Dec-2012, 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Special Children's Christmas Party - Townsville 2023 DShrike 4 468 Monday 11-Dec-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 425 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 694 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach