Troop Report - 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party
I think we're going to try and make the trip down for this next year, I know after our Special Kids party here, that it def takes a while to come down from it, and it'd be great to do more than one in a year. Phoenix, that story is amazing mate and one that Scope and Bids got to share on the same day too, wow.

I'd like to share one from our party here in Rockhampton, we had a young girl come past us a couple of times waving, and then asking for a high five, and after a fair few passes, she asked me (Captain Rex) if she could have a hug, which I was more than happy to do, and seeing that joy in her eyes was amazing, what is more amazing, is that her mother came up and asked one of our wranglers (my sister) to say a personal thank you to me for doing it, the young lass suffers from severe autism, and normally shuns all contact, and for her just to high five someone she is not familiar with is a big thing, but to hug someone new, and in public, was something her mum had never seen happen before, I can tell you I shed a tear behind my bucket when I found that out.

I often tell people when they ask why I do this, that if they could only see, just for a day, what we see from behind these helmets, they'd understand, I feel it is an absolute privilege and honour to be able to bring these characters to life, and something I hope I get to do for a long time yet to come.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Troop Report - 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party - by JOker - Thursday 6-Dec-2012, 06:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Special Children's Christmas Party - Townsville 2023 DShrike 4 467 Monday 11-Dec-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 423 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 694 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach