Hello I'm Slothlike
(Friday 11-Jan-2013, 08:17 AM)major payne Wrote:  I would say both. There are a few here Kev and Muppet, who have made Vaders, and know what to look for, plus they are "reasonably" close by to help you out. Muppet, does fly all around Queensland with his job, maybe he can see it in person some time.

Hey man,

Im in Mackay next Monday till Wednesday, if you're up for a chat

Ken
(Wednesday 30-Jan-2013, 01:26 PM)muppet Wrote:  Hey man,

Ken
Hi Ken,
Most weekdays I'm too exhausted from work to go anywhere except the couch and kitchen. I have been verified by Azrael if that's what you're after. My long service leave was approved today!! So come April I will have 9 weeks free to hang out with anyone (and work on a costume or two).
Awesome news, will you be able to make it down for Coast Nova, or better still Dreamworld in May?
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Wednesday 30-Jan-2013, 08:04 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Awesome news, will you be able to make it down for Coast Nova, or better still Dreamworld in May?

That will depend on if I can get a costume ready and when my wife gets holidays. But sounds like a great thing to strive for.
We're working on a 6'3" Jawa down here, so you won't be the tallest Jawa. Great inexpensive start and can be RL approved too (which would make Daphne in Mackay happy).
You ordered any replacement parts for your Vader?
Just I thought you'd make a pretty cool Dengar.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Wednesday 30-Jan-2013, 07:44 PM)Slothlike Wrote:  
(Wednesday 30-Jan-2013, 01:26 PM)muppet Wrote:  Hey man,

Ken
Hi Ken,
Most weekdays I'm too exhausted from work to go anywhere except the couch and kitchen. I have been verified by Azrael if that's what you're after. My long service leave was approved today!! So come April I will have 9 weeks free to hang out with anyone (and work on a costume or two).

Hi Jeremy,

I think that if you are able to, it would be really worth your while to catch up with Ken while he is in Mackay next week... As he is one of our Two Darth Vaders in the Garrison... Wink

He would be able to have a look at your current costume and give you some pointers and or advice first hand...

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
As much as I'd love to chat with Ken, as I'm very keen to get a Vader costume completed and I have heaps of questions that I'm researching on my own at the moment, my weekdays run something like this:
6:30am Wake up straight in the shower, dress in uniform
7:00am Eat something, brush teeth, get the kid ready for daycare
7:30am At work, full steam, no lunch break to speak of.
5:00pm Leave work and get home, sit on couch to talk about day and hang out with kid.
6:00pm to 7:00pm Cook and eat dinner
7:00pm to 8:00pm Clean dishes, tidy house, maybe watch a TV show or video game.
8:00pm to 9:00pm Bath time for kid, bottle and bed for everyone.
It's been that way since the kid was born. Weekends are usually just as busy but I have more free time on the weekends. Sorry.
WAKE UP JEFF!
Who needs 9 hours of sleep?
Spend a couple of hours on your costume everyday and a few more on the forum.
Then do all the late night troops and you are on your way Smile
[Image: nightofthemuseum_io9.flv.jpg]
You'll need to change your name to ZombieLike.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
So, after helping out the guys at the Mackay Special Children's Christmas Party and having a chat with my wife. I've decided that as soon as our house renovations are complete I will continue building a Vader costume. Watching them do their thing in those excellent costumes yesterday was inspirational. I'm not sure how we are going to fund this thing since we will probably be broke after our renovations are finished but it's going to happen. And, I will have a huge shed and larger house to do it in.
Keen to see it!
I've been a Mackay resident for the last 17 years and just moved away for twelve months but I'll be back temporarily at the end of the year. Will we see you at the Gametraders birthday troop at Canelands? Smile
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Yep I will be there.
Was great to meet you yesterday Jeremy, thanks heaps for coming down to wrangle for us, you did a great job, and hearing that it inspired you to keep working on that costume and your mission to join the Legion is even better!

See you at Gametraders!
You guys were fantastic!
I'd be honoured to help out whenever I'm able.
Really looking forward to your next visit.
Huge thanks from LadyTarkin and myself too, Jeremy. It was great to have the wranglers we did, it allowed us (and the public) to be safe, and gave us a high degree of freedom to move around the event. I'm humbled that our "shenanigans" (for want of a better word), has inspired you to make your Vader movie accurate and become a full member of the 501st Redback Garrison. Many of us also balance this hobby with our family commitments, the two things are not mutually exclusive and hopefully we'll see you lovely wife and children in costume sometime in the future. (Actually as a hobby it's not that bad, you could spend $35,000 on a boat to put in your shed, then insurance, rego x 2, rods, tackle, bait, repairs (boat and trailer), fuel, etc ...etc). So really we're SAVING you from other more expensive hobbies Lol

See you again at GameTraders DancingTK
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)