TK Cobra
TK Moxxxie
TS Sandman
BH Reaper
TC TD-1535
DZ TheSniper
BH Bossywalker

Report:

As many of you are aware, the live action Star Wars TV series – Glory Of The Empire - has begun production and the first episodes are being filmed right here in Australia. The Redback Garrison were contacted earlier in the year, and were asked if we would be prepared to visit the cast and crew at short notice for a tour of the set. Naturally it was an offer we couldnâ€t refuse, but as CO I was sworn to secrecy by LFL on both the exact date and the location of the troop. That made it kind of tricky but those were the rules, and rules is rules.

Phone call duly received on Friday night asking if anyone was available for a ‘trip†the following morning. Thankfully there were 8 Redbacks who were able to answer the call, and bright and early Saturday morning we piled into a few cars and headed off to a ‘Classified Locationâ€.

Right upon arrival, we were bundled into a change-area away from the sets and production crew - apparently our visit was to be a ‘surprise†for everyone on set!

In no time flat we were armoured up we made our entrance – much to the amazement and enjoyment of all those on-set. I hope that at least the Director was warned of our visit, as we spent a good 45 minutes on sets getting our photoâ€s taken with cast and crew alike – valuable daylight wasted!

Luckily, we were then ushered inside out of the hot sun, and shown some of the interiors and Special Effects areas. After we de-armoured we were advised that as a thank-you for making the effort to come along, we would be shown the first few ‘rushes†of the filming that had already been completed. COOOOL!!!!

Fortune was not with us however, and we were pointedly informed that everything was a bit hush-hush, and we were asked to sign ‘Non-Disclosure†Agreements.

Only after we had our photoâ€s checked by an official were we allowed to keep a very few photoâ€s of our troop.

Of course, many of the photos contained cast members, and we were sad to have to lose those, but I will post what we have here in the report!

Letâ€s look forward to when the first few episodes is finished and shooting begins on the rest of the series!

Public Incidents: Befuddled cast members and extraâ€s, who couldnâ€t understand where our characters were supposed to appear in the days running sheet!

Malfunctions: Nil

Injuries: None

Happy People: All and sundry

Not Happy People: The Garrison Members who I refused to allow to attend this troop, as they had been with the 501st for less than a year.

Mission Status: Complete success!!!

Photos:

[Image: 01.jpg]

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 03.jpg]

[Image: 04.jpg]

[Image: 05.jpg]

[Image: 06.jpg]

[Image: 07.jpg]

[Image: 09.jpg]

[Image: 11.jpg]

[Image: 12.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: MasterTapes.jpg]

The Sun Never Sets On The Fighting 501st!
Great work newbiesWink
Oh and did everyone receive their invites to Fox studies in Sydney for the start of the tv series filming next month?
Hahah! It's such a pity we couldn't keep any shots of Reaper and the mando's! Team FIGJAM!!! He finally met his match! hahaha!!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Looks like someone had some fun Wink
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

HOLY FREAKEN SARLACC I HAD NO IDEA!!!
Bet that would of been awesome!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!?????
Yeah nice one, those photos have been photoshopped.
Haha, all laugh at the gullible azza
I thought somthing seemed a little fishy about the Boba Fett picture in fact now that I look again I see it all.
You may have got me on the skin, and beanie's sale, but i could tell these picks were tampered. nowhere for "a quick drive" is that desolite, and that Goodyear hat on the boom, who the hell in the 21st century wears one of those Smile Nice try anyway Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

got u good michael.......
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
i dunno what youre all on about,,i was there and had a blast,,it was an awesome day

yes ken,,,though i got mine about a week ago
Isnt that a pic of a mobile minning center from Dune
[Image: 6ed2ade0f09f6c15.png]
(Thursday 1-Apr-2010, 09:38 AM)Kev Vader Wrote:  
Report:

As many of you are aware, the live action Star Wars TV series – Glory Of The Empire - has begun production and the first episodes are being filmed right here in Australia. The Redback Garrison were contacted earlier in the year, and were asked if we would be prepared to visit the cast and crew at short notice for a tour of the set. Naturally it was an offer we couldnâ€t refuse, but as CO I was sworn to secrecy by LFL on both the exact date and the location of the troop. That made it kind of tricky but those were the rules, and rules is rules.

Phone call duly received on Friday night asking if anyone was available for a ‘trip†the following morning. Thankfully there were 8 Redbacks who were able to answer the call, and bright and early Saturday morning we piled into a few cars and headed off to a ‘Classified Locationâ€.

Right upon arrival, we were bundled into a change-area away from the sets and production crew - apparently our visit was to be a ‘surprise†for everyone on set!

In no time flat we were armoured up we made our entrance – much to the amazement and enjoyment of all those on-set. I hope that at least the Director was warned of our visit, as we spent a good 45 minutes on sets getting our photoâ€s taken with cast and crew alike – valuable daylight wasted!

Luckily, we were then ushered inside out of the hot sun, and shown some of the interiors and Special Effects areas. After we de-armoured we were advised that as a thank-you for making the effort to come along, we would be shown the first few ‘rushes†of the filming that had already been completed. COOOOL!!!!

Fortune was not with us however, and we were pointedly informed that everything was a bit hush-hush, and we were asked to sign ‘Non-Disclosure†Agreements.

Only after we had our photoâ€s checked by an official were we allowed to keep a very few photoâ€s of our troop.

Of course, many of the photos contained cast members, and we were sad to have to lose those, but I will post what we have here in the report!

Letâ€s look forward to when the first few episodes is finished and shooting begins on the rest of the series!

The Sun Never Sets On The Fighting 501st!
nice. April fools guys, but i recognized one of the shots being a spice harvester from 'Dune', and some of he pick where obviously photoshoped hehehe looked great though.
Save the Environment!..........Use your sleeve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Library Star Wars day 2019 Bolt_2112 3 4,540 Sunday 20-Jan-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Ashlyn_Dubreas
Troop Report St. Andrew's Vacation Care Program Star Wars Day Diatium 6 6,111 Tuesday 24-Jul-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Darth Temptress
Troop Report Celebration of Life for Mark - A Star Wars Fan Donut 10 10,200 Friday 2-Mar-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Squid