Troop Report 
Date:
27th July 2013

Venue:
Wonder Factory, Royal Children's Hospital

Time:
9am-11:30am

Mission:
To bring some smiles to sick kids, their siblings and parents.

Trooper Attendance:
TK-8547 - Bullant
SL-5746 - Oevil1
-3860 - Sithprincess as JediPrincess Smile

Support Crew:
Sabine

Detail:
Completely forgetting that it was a weekend, I allowed 1.25 hours to get to the hospital, and therefore arrived 30 minutes early ... Taking the opportunity to scout out the venue I determined that it was very, very quiet so sat down for a bit of a rest.

After a while the Wonder Factory volunteers started arriving and I was let into the library to start getting suited up, not long after the rest of the game arrived.

Oevil1 decided to pull a last minute change of costume and suited up as Dooku, alongside my TK and Sithprincess' Queen Amidala. Along for the ride was Sabine in her first go at wrangling.

We headed off into the wards and as Tim mentioned at one point one of the hardest things in a hospital troop is reminding yourself not to say "how are you doing?" when you greet the kids.

We hit the jackpot today, an absolute load of kids who were either Star Wars nuts or just happy to see us anyway. Happy reaction of the day went to the two little sisters who were literally bouncing off the walls with joy. And then decided that they'd set up a pillow fort to defend themselves against the Empire forces ... and attack me with a ninja-like sneak pillow attack as I left the ward Smile

I decided to run an informal poll to see who the favourite character of the day was, I can't remember the exact result but I think it went something along the lines of TK - 5, Dooku - 1, Amidala - 1. Oevil1 will be rethinking his costume choice next time Cheeky

After an hour and a half of visiting the wards, we returned to the Wonder Factory but there was only one kid there that was interested in us so after speaking to her for a while we de-armoured and headed home.

Charity Funds Raised:
None

Injuries:
None, well only Tim's pride Wink

Malfunctions:
Bullant forgot to restock his supply of chocolates to hand out after the troop. Fail!!

Public Incidents:
Surprise pillow attack on Bullant as he left one of the ward rooms Smile

Mission Status:
Absolute success.

Photos:
Incoming shortly.
Nice work troopers,

I love the fact that the kids liked the stormie better than the 2 face characters.Hehehe
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Great work troopers
"There are no diminishing returns on a stormtrooper" I heard someone say.
That said well done to everyone, I've heard back from a mum up here who's child was visited by the Redbacks in a Brisbane hospital and that visit still remains very special to them and their child.
Keep up the great work.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Top Job guys & gal... Wish I could have been there... Sad

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
I can neither confirm nor deny that a certain stormtrooper was seen to make the Vulcan sign and say "live long and prosper" on the way out of one of the wards after hearing that the sick child was massive Star Trek fan. The things we do for sick kids ...
It was a great troop...despite the lack of Dooku fans Lol
Besides...look at us...we're awesome!

[Image: DSCF8968.jpg?t=1374925370]

[Image: DSCF8966.jpg?t=1374925361]
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Everyone loves the armour! Well done guys, super effort!
Well done Troopers.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Yeah, was a good troop.

The only reason the 'TK' was the favourite was coz he asked them who their favourite was, then pointed at himself to prompt their answer. Hehehe
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Ssshhh Cheeky
Hi Sabine!!!
Nice work guys, love hospital troops Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
great job team
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Quote:I decided to run an informal poll to see who the favourite character of the day was, I can't remember the exact result but I think it went something along the lines of TK - 5, Dooku - 1, Amidala - 1. Oevil1 will be rethinking his costume choice next time Cheeky

Rigged! Lol Maybe a bit of Grievous will change their minds...bwahahaha (Oevil1 laugh)Hehehe
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
And I vote for not having the carry the Grievous chair around Cheeky
Also quick mention of the parent who spotted TK coming around a corner, she jumped and several expletives and giggles followed (great reaction).
It was a lovely morning, my favourite moment was the two girls that giggled and screamed their way around their room, one being responsible for the 'ninja pillow' attack. Doppeldaumen1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Wonder Factory 'Wonder Day' Southbank 5th July 2014 Doc 15 20,614 Tuesday 8-Jul-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: V3N0M
Troop Report November Wonder Factory Visit. Oevil1 7 12,787 Wednesday 27-Nov-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report August Wonder Factory Visit Bullant 12 20,987 Saturday 24-Aug-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: stormraven