New Guy
Hi All,

I'm Koby and I'm really excited to be a part of this.
I just moved to Central Queensland from Brisbane for work, so fingers crossed I wont be alone here.

Not sure of a costume yet Smile
Hey koby and welcome

If you haven't already go through the costume resource library at the main international site @ www.501st.com

Next thing would be to check out the events page link and watch out for any armour parties (APs) coming up or at a pinch look for a troop where you can come and help out wrangling. That way you can get to see some costumes, have a touch & feel, and pick brains in person
DW2013 to DW2018
Will do Duras
Hi hi Koby. Welcome mate.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Next thing then as well is where in Brisbane you hanging out as we likely have someone not too far away you might be able to crab a coffee with or something

And cause I always forget to mention it you also don't have to be locked in doing armoured costumes like the stormtroopers there's also the soft costume options like officers and reserve fighter pilot
DW2013 to DW2018
Hey Koby there is a bunch of us in Central Queensland, where in CQ are you?
Got any ideas on what costume(s) you'd like to do?

(I'll mention the usual warning here: Be very careful with any purchase, please run items by another member just to get an idea of whether it is actually screen accurate and value for money).

Welcome to the mighty Redback Garrison and enjoy the amazing journey.

Michael (Angelman) & Lisa (LadyTarkin).
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
I'm staying in Yeppoon with family until I find a place in Rocky. How much is someone expected to pay for a costume?
That's a BIG depends on what costume you want to do, and how fast you want to build/construct/commission/buy. So it varies from reasonable to eye watering Aaaah

Many members have gone the route of doing an easy "cheaper" costume first (eg a Jawa (no offence to the fine Jawa clan we have)), then work on the costume they really wanted to do, over a long period of time.

It's sadly a bit of a catch-22, in that to access many of the For Sale forums you have to be a member, but to get the piece you need for your costume you need access to the forums.....
Hopefully we can match you up with a few other existing members that have done, or are doing that costume, to help you out.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Welcome to the forums! As Angelman has mentioned, there's a fair few of us in the Rockhampton area now, so you're not alone up in CQ Smile
Another CQ person :D Keen to meet up with you and have a chat
~Pants.
Welcome to the Redbacks!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome MrE there are a few troopers in and around Rocky so you will have a chance to see a few different costumes before you make a decision. As Angelman said there are a few different paths to gaining approval. In the end though pick a costume that you like.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
I look forward to meeting you all.
It's always great to welcome another one to the dark side.
Welcome aboard, MrE! Doppeldaumen1
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.