GEC Update
All,

Just wanted to advise you what is happening in regards to the Garrison Event Coordinator (GEC). Things will be changing on the forums in the next few weeks (we hope - hurry back Moxxx Smile ) with new sub-forums/stickys/guidelines - so be sure to read any new threads and stickys that either myself or Stormybrite will post in various areas of the forums.

I am drafting a new POC Q&A post that will be posted shortly. This will address how the GEC will operate in regards to troops and hopefully encourage more members to take on this role.

There will be other changes that will effect the way troops will be run. These include:

- POC and Deputy POC's for all events - as a form of a mentor program.
- All troops to be forwarded to GEC - members will not be entering troops on the boards as is the case atm.
- Guidelines for forum usage, inane posts in event threads will be reduced.
- How-to's so everything will be as clear as mud Lol
- Updated troop templates for requests.
- Updated trooping guides.

Again make sure to read any new threads that pop up in the coming weeks.
Cheers
Doc/Stormy
GEC
DW2011CVICVII
Prior to the forums being organised, you may notice troops listed as POSSIBLE or CONFIRMED.

POC REQUIRED = Troop not confirmed to go ahead until a POC is listed for the Troop.
CONFIRMED = POC listed and troop is full steam ahead.
DW2011CVICVII
Hey Doc. I reckon only the big troops need a 2IC for POC unless someone volunteers to be the 2IC to help out. Maybe make it an option.
Yeah that isn't anything in stone atm. There has been a bit of talk of people being a deputy POC so they have a bit of a mentor to guide them.
DW2011CVICVII
My only comment on that Doc is that at the moment it's hard enough to get people to POC so I don't know how you are going to go getting 2 per troop. But I applaud the intent.
It will be a clearer soon - but in short - no POC - no troop!
DW2011CVICVII
All,

Last night quite a few changes were made to the event areas in the forums. Please go thru the respective forums to see any relevant changes.

The Troop request form has been standardised and updated -
ANYONE whether a member or not, wishing to request a troop is now required to complete this.

Many annual troops have there own area now - if it is not in the general troop area - try the annual troops. Starlight troops are now in the children's hospital troop area as well.

Armour parties and social events do not have there own area at the moment - this is still being worked on. If you have an event like this - post it in the Upcoming Events area of the General Forums - they wont be entered as a 'troop' in the future.

Also, many of the sticky threads have been updated and placed in the relevant areas for members to read. These are important threads and saying 'I don't know' is not an excuse - it is there in black and white and many other pretty colours Lol

More changes are still to be made, so please keep an eye out for more updates and new threads - remember you can see this days new threads by the top nav bar.

Cheers
Doc
DW2011CVICVII
(Wednesday 31-Jul-2013, 06:24 PM)Doc Wrote:  POC Q&A post that will be posted shortly.

I tryed to read this site carefuly, but a didn't recognise that does it mean POC and Q&A.

And forgive me my english - what does it mean - "members will not be entering troops on the boards as is the case atm."?
boards? atm? Rolleyes

Thanks!
(Thursday 8-Aug-2013, 09:47 AM)Kventin Teret Wrote:  I tryed to read this site carefuly, but a didn't recognise that does it mean POC and Q&A.

And forgive me my english - what does it mean - "members will not be entering troops on the boards as is the case atm."?
boards? atm? Rolleyes

POC - Point of Contact
Q&A - Questions and Answers
ATM - At The Moment

Don't worry about it, these are not things you need to worry about until you have an approved costume.
Kventin - POC means Point of contact for a troop. The go to person who is organising logistics and troopers for a particular event.
Q&A is Questions and Answers ...I think
Thanks!
And for good measure, you got it twice!
G'day all,

Just a further update - as part of the clear up of the Event Planning foums, as of now events such as armour parties, build days, mixers, general social gatherings and the like will not be included in the Troop area.

Atm these threads have been moved to the Upcoming Events area of the General Forums. We will give them a permanent home when we complete the rest of the restructure. The sign up sheets for these events have also ben removed as they do not give a clear representation of a 'Troop' record. For ease of planning a future AP etc, we may be set up a social sign up sheet that does interfere with a persons trooping record. Just for now just post as per usual with a running count of who is going to your particular social event.

You can see your last troop as per the sign up sheets here:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/events.php?action=report

If you go to the Events tab on the top bar, scroll right down the bottom to 'Review Trooping Record' it will show your last Troop you signed up to/completed.

On a further note - good to see talk in the Redbacks Only area re troops -feel free to give your opinion, just keep it civil. This is a issue CS are discussing at the moment and will have further discussions/decisions in the near future.

Cheers
Doc
DW2011CVICVII
All,

As most could probably see, the forums have had another tweak made to them - we hope this is the last we will have to do for awhile Yuk

You may notice the following:

Social Events Calendar/Upcoming Events/Cantina forums:
Social events (i.e. Armour Parties, any social gatherings and the like that are not troops) now have there own calendar listing. A 'how to' on entering Social Events into the calendar will be posted soon in the 'Cantina' forum - which is where the threads for social events will appear as per the example below:

http://501st.com.au/forum/thread-7329.html

You can check out all RBG social events listed by checking thru the Social Events Calendar forum (or the Events tab along the top) and click on the 'Social Events Only' link.

POC's - Continue to use the 'Upcoming Events' forum to publicise your event to members and cadets for wranglers etc.

Events Planning Area:
Events Planning - New Troops have now been divided up in 3 month block forums for ease of access and organisation. Any troops for next year will be listed beneath these forums/stickys - just go into the corresponding month to see threads for upcoming troops for the rest of this year.

Annual events have been relisted in the order in which they occur.

One of the forums has been renamed 'International and Interstate Troops'. Threads for events such as Celebration Anaheim/Armageddon/Supanova's etc will be posted here.

Troop Template:
The troop template has been jazzed up a bit and now includes a sub heading for 'Charitable Donations' so troopers can see if a donation is/to be made in our name on receiving a troop request - and that POC's can take note to follow up and get them to the GCO's.

If you have any feedback about the way things are now set up, feel free to PM me or mention it in one of the threads in the Redbacks only section. There are only a certain number of things our web guru can do before things break but we hope this makes things a hell of a lot easier in the long run.

Cheers
Doc
GEC
DW2011CVICVII
Just noticed when I was logged out that the new section "social events calendar" shows up.

Does this need to be shown where "joe public" can see it ?

If I was hosting something I wouldn't want it displayed where the random public can see it and get details.