Logan West Library Book Sale
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 3rd August 2013

Venue: Logan West Library, Browns Plains

Time: 0900 - 1400

Mission: To run the Library’s Sci Fi Book Sale in true Redbacks style. All profits to be donated to an agreed charity chosen by the troopers attending and agreed to by Command Staff.

Trooper Attendance:
Blueski – TD
Spooky – Jawa
RebelRach – POC/bookselling
J’girl – book selling
Stormraven – book selling
Greenie – cadet helper (with broken arm)
Guest Appearance – Visit by Crea8tive and her mini Captains Rex and Cody (in civilian costume)

Detail: Our first time manning this bookstore so we were unsure how busy it might be. Books were priced nothing over $2. Most 50c. The actual library was quiet most of the day, those who encountered a sand trooper and jawa were mostly impressed. We didn’t have huge crowds but we approximated we sold over 180 books/magazines, and had a visit from cadet Crea8ive and her 2 younglings Captain Rex and Cody. Cadet Greeny was helpful even with a broken arm and got lots of info about the Garrison and costumes.

Charity Funds Raised: $86.15 to go to The Weekend to end Women’s Cancers fund.

Injuries: Nil!

Public Incidents: Librarian allowed Blueski and Spooky a visit to the library. A few kids were scared but most loved the surprise. Spooky the jawa nearly succeeded in stealing a hub cap off my car. Bad jawa!

Mission Status: Not a great amount of money raised for the effort put in, but better than nothing, kept up good relations with the library and got some advice for next time.
A big thank you for the troopers that sold books and came in costume. This was not a flashy or particularly ‘fun’ or high profile troop, so it was greatly appreciated those that helped out. Every little bit helps.

Photos:

Blueski taking the opportunity to brush up on some survival tips
[Image: dcknvsdklfjjops_zpsa9a9a3b2.jpg]

Exterminating the Dr Who display in the library. EXTERMINATE!
[Image: 1004834_190941724409162_238613914_n_zps2683f233.jpg]

Pesky jawas, disgusting creatures! Get away from my car!
[Image: 970839_191605307676137_508777440_n_zps70057757.jpg]
I should be able to make it to the next one too mate
Duck and I will be at the next one Rach. I've signed up.
Awesome work and for a great cause too.
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
Any $$$ raised at all is well done Doppeldaumen1
DW2011CVICVII
Thanks Guys, appreciate the good feedback.

Hopefully we can make a bit more in 2 Saturdays time.

If you live in the Logan area south of Brisbane PLEASE help me share info about the next book sale, I have a flyer I can send you......please please please...we can't rely on traffic from the library, we need folk to come for the book sale.....
Guest appearance.... like that Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 11 14,089 Wednesday 31-Aug-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ponchomon
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 16 22,030 Thursday 3-Sep-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Logan Library SciFi finale day chopper 14 18,550 Thursday 11-Sep-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: scoutjockie