hi from brisbane
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1967.html

I think you should be able to see that. You could also look at the armour build threads in this forum

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-14.html

Lastly, as pointed out before there is more information than you could read in a lifetime on the whitearmor forums and you don't even have to register to read the forums

Try this as a start

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/
just sent a email to lachlanh aka mouldman regarding a armour kit for a stormtrooper
with this assembly
Assembly: Locally produced screen accurate Armour made from high gloss 2mm ABS. Derived from AP with modifications (most noteble the smoothed eye lump and 3 piece bucket)
Requires trimming, has overlapping seams, shims provided. hopefully im headed in the right direction with this kit
Hi Brett & welcome to the Forum. As you've already found out it can be a confusing journey for the newbie with so much to read & learn, but as you've already seen there is no end of help here, especially when people can see you making an effort to do your own research.

My first advice would be to choose the movie that you want to build your stormtroop to look like, i.e. ANH (A New Hope) ect. Being passionate about the one you choose can help keep you focused in what can be a lengthy process from initial order to final completion. Once you've made that decision you can then select the best armor for you based on your body size & shape, and the availability & price. As previously mentioned on here a great idea is to come along to an event or even better an Armor Party so that you can look at different armor to get a better idea of sizing, how it's worn ect.

Unfortunately the link BullAnt put up giving vetted armor options is a little out of date. MoldMan has moved overseas & his kits are not currently in production, a shame as it's sizing would have suited you well, and a local option for armor would be great. Head over to the FISD site and check out this up to date link :- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/ . You don't need an account to look at this thread. For your body size I'd be leaning towards AP, TM or RS. Nothing wrong with AM (now called NE), but it lends itself to bigger troopers and would require trimming for your frame (easy enough to do if thats the way you decide to roll).

Another great idea for you is again on FISD, to look at the EIB & Centurion Submissions. These are higher levels of accuracy that you can build towards if you wish. They are handy because each submission title includes the armor brand, this allows you to read about the brand of armor you're interested in, and see the size and shape of the trooper as that is also listed. You can see what the finished product looks like on a trooper.

Also keep in mind that once you've selected & ordered your armor you then need to arrange all the various accessories :- Boots, Gloves, Undersuit, Belt, Holster, Blaster ect.

I know it all sound daunting but don't be discouraged, take your time to research, talk to troopers, research, live on FISD, and did I mention research? Most people on here never built anything quite like this either but you'd be surprised how quickly you pick it up, and in no time you'll be out trooping with the rest of us.

Anyway just my 2c, hope it's of some help.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
ok so no Armour from shepperdsons is 501st approved?
all the kits seem so confusing and need loads of tech know how to put together Sad
im lokking at a anh stormtrooper butit just seems to hard to me to be able to end up producing a stormtrooper to 501st standards i was looking at a cheaper shepperdsons armour set being this
http://www.originalstormtrooper.com/shop...r-kit.html
at the point of seeing another dream go down the toilet without help to get a kit and get the build going
Forget about the "www.originalstormtrooper.com" stuff mate, there's are reason it's not listed on the vetted makers list.

That link I posted is your bible for makers, now your decision is based on what suits your body shape best, the ETA for supply, and cost.

It only seems confusing as you've never done one. We were all in the same boat, I was very nervous when I received my kit and was petrified about the 1st cut. A trooper who I've become great friends with helped me get started and once you do there is no looking back.

As a plus the time it takes for whichever kit you choose to be manufactured and arrive gives you time to assemble your accessories and get your snap plates & strapping started. Again this is why it's best to get along to a troop or AP so that you can see various ideas on strapping (if you look at 3 different troopers armor you'll probably see 3 different strapping styles). I don't mean to sound like a scratched CD, but again this is why research is so important. You can make an informed decision on the type of snap plates that you want to use (I used a combination of 3 styles), and get the bulk of them manufactured and ready to go.

Here is a like to my build thread to give you an idea of how I went about it :- http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5318.html

My passion has always been to build an ANH Hero but I realised that it was a long term process. I actually first made an ID Officer which got me approved in the 501st while I ordered my TK kit and accessories. In this way I was out and trooping/learning without trying to cut any corners on my dream project. Trust me when you see the smiles on kids faces the wait is worth it.
im no armour maker or manufacturer so i would get a kit and have no idea where to start without loads of help from someone who knows what they are doing i have no idea on how to get/make snap plates or anything like that. looks like my stormtrooper will never exist and i cant get into the 501st

im 72kg and around 170cm tall if that helps anyone helping me in selecting a armour kit that i can purchase and get my build off the ground and started
(Thursday 22-Aug-2013, 12:04 AM)droll30 Wrote:  im no armour maker or manufacturer so i would get a kit and have no idea where to start without loads of help from someone who knows what they are doing i have no idea on how to get/make snap plates or anything like that. looks like my stormtrooper will never exist and i cant get into the 501st

im 72kg and around 170cm tall if that helps anyone helping me in selecting a armour kit that i can purchase and get my build off the ground and started
Head over to the FISD site and check out this up to date link :- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/ . You don't need an account to look at this thread. For your body size I'd be leaning towards AP, TM or RS. Nothing wrong with AM (now called NE), but it lends itself to bigger troopers and would require trimming for your frame (easy enough to do if thats the way you decide to roll).

Help is there mate, plenty of build threads both here & on FISD to help you out. Then you can attend AP's, and even better hold your own so troopers can come along to help out. This is also a good chance for other newbies to see how things get done. As they say on FISD it's all about "Troopers helping Troopers".
ok thanks for the link i just emailed authentic props about a armour/ helmet combo thats got some trimming need to be done to it but its pretty much ready to go. ive been stung by people saying they will come to events that i hold but never show up but i have faith in the 501 troopers to help me with my build and i will have a armour party when i get my kit to get it online asap
ive been looking for a imperial officer uniform to get me out there and trooping but i cant even find that - joing the 501st seems impossible
As others have already stated.. more than once.... you will find it near on impossible to buy a made suit that will fit you perfectly. This goes for a Officers uniform or any other costume out there.

The TK suits are sold as a kit so you can make it fit to YOU.

A Officers uniform isn't any easier... they are made to fit, so you don't end up looking sloppy. You wont find any supplier with racks of them made up ready to sell.
And don't get an officer just because it's "easier" or quicker. No point buying a costume that you aren't going to enjoy wearing. You can order a built to measure officer from cosplaysky, but it will still take a good 3 weeks or so to arrive, and you'd still need to organise boots, belt, cap, rank badge and code cylinders. All up you're looking at $300-$400 or more for a costume that you may or may not enjoy wearing ... Money that you could have put towards a TK kit.

Don't get me wrong, I have an officer myself, but my TK gets the most use.
thanks for the hints bullant im till waiting on a reply for my tk kit and the officer i never looked at. i should be able to get both projects of the ground and going just my tk trooper is gonna take longer than my officer will.
Hi mate as welcome
Consider what is a priority for you here.
Trooping in a TK
Trooping in general
Helping out

If you want to join our Garrison in a hurry and have about $500 we can assist you with the components you need for an Officer (many of us are one) smart costume and you don't need a lot of skill to create it.

If your heart is set on trooping in armour the requires more time and money and patience.

Up to you. Everyone that joins has been through your current dilemma so heed the great advice from the troopers here, be patient and do your research, if you really want to join our ranks you won't be discouraged but it is a process to get an approved costume... If it were easy (and cheap) we'd have 1000 members rather than over 100. Good luck!
thanks rebel rach and everyone
i think in the long term im looking to be a trooper in armour(a tk stormtrooper)
but for the short term im just looking to get into the 501st as a officer so i can start trooping and getting out there with you guys
a person i spoke with who is already enlisted in the 501st overseas said he has just a modified shepperdsons set and he troops with the 501st but for me a officer may be the starting point im looking for.
Send me an email if you want to do an Officer costume.

Please note I have not corralled you into an Officer right!!?! I helping you join the Redbacks wit the costume of your choice!! Lol