hi from brisbane
Hey mate Im building a biker as well, just take baby steps and look at as many pics of costumes as you can. These links may help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ8t6QTddVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9S-9jTma5s
(Monday 30-Sep-2013, 05:03 PM)droll30 Wrote:  hi all

so i got my biker kit today AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to put together even with instructions
so im just looking at a pile of white plastic atm and im totally frustrated
can anyone help or am i just gonna be a imperial crewman for the rest of my 501st career ?
droll30

The helmet is the most difficult part of that build. That should take about 2 hours.
The rest of the Armour should take about 45 mins from start to finish, depending on beers drunk.

The Scout or TB, is one of the easiest sets of hard Armour to build.

When I have time, I could possibly assist with your build.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
OK dude, Calm down, take a few deep breaths and relax :D

It is incredibly daunting when you first get you armour. I had mine for a good month, before I even took a pencil to it. You have to remember that its just PLASTIC and not a life and death operation :P
There were a few troopers here who were kind enough to invite me around to their place and help me.

Also from reading this thread, you are now doing a TIE, TK, TB and an ID? You really do need to slow down, otherwise you are just going to get way over yourself, get frustrated and give up and trust me you don't want that.
My TK took one and a half years and my TR took just over 8 months. But you know what? I'm glad it took that long, I really got to enjoy the ride of building my very own TK.

My advise to you is to just slow down and take your time. We aren't going anywhere and there are troops happening every. single. week. There is no rush.
If you really want to troop that bad, be on the look out for troops where cadets can come along and help out. That way you get look at all their costumes, see how we troop, the dos and most importantly the DONTs.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
droll, I got my TK kit in June and I am still building it... it takes time and patience. Before I start working on any parts, I research, research and research... and politely ask others how they did things if I am still unsure or just need reasurance that what I am doing is right. I have also wrangled at events whenever I could... helps to see how the pieces go together as well as getting to know other members who at some point I may ask for help from.
Wrangling also keeps the enthusiasm for my build high.
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
You should take up The Wolfs offer of help, there is no one in the garrison more experienced at putting together Biker Scouts than him. Offer him a bribe, go to his house, do whatever it takes, you won’t regret it.

All of us went through the daunting process of putting together a costume for the first time. You can do it, we all did, but please stop the self pity. It doesn't help, it just puts people off.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Cyclops and The Wolf helped me with mine, the wolf is definitely the man. I've just got finish sewing my soft parts and I'm done , but I took my time!!!
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
am i a bad person if i buy a bucket? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scout-Trooper...852&_uhb=1 and then i just figure out the strapping for the other armour pieces
umm, that's up to you.
but what if you Buy it then find out it isn't Acceptable.
you just wasted money then and will have to buy another helmet.
" And you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much "
(Tuesday 1-Oct-2013, 01:06 AM)droll30 Wrote:  am i a bad person if i buy a bucket? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scout-Trooper...852&_uhb=1 and then i just figure out the strapping for the other armour pieces

That bucket doesn't look to right.
As members have said before, stay clear of eBay aka EvilBay.
Plus you will get much more enjoyment from actually doing it yourself.
(Tuesday 1-Oct-2013, 01:06 AM)droll30 Wrote:  am i a bad person if i buy a bucket? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Scout-Trooper...852&_uhb=1 and then i just figure out the strapping for the other armour pieces

That bucket is a Rubies licensed replica, and not very accurate at all.
It can be made to be acceptable, but only after a lot of work and a complete rebuild.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Why are you buying a bucket? Didn't you get one with the kit? If you get on The Pathfinders detachment there are plenty of threads on how to build everything. Are you looking at sites that have been suggested.?
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Droll, I highly suggest you calm down and start really listening to the great experience and advice that you have been given over the last 8 pages. Its clear that everyone here wants to help you and see you succeed, but you need to help yourself too.

Wolf can put a bikerscout together in a weekend, there is no one more pro at it than he is. I suggest you take him up on his offer to assist you with it.

Remember we are here to help, we love new members, but Id like to see you take charge of your project and help yourself a little too. Help us help you Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Droll,

I've been watching this thread for 8 pages now and honestly if you are not willing to listen or take advice from the experience in this group then this club is not for you. This group thrives on members interacting, listening and contributing positively. There have been numerous links and advice given to you on what to do and where to go, you don't seem to be following the advice and asking the same questions repeatedly. Building armour is not hard if you read up on what your meant to do and apply yourself rather than whining. If you are finding the early stages too hard you may want to reconsider if this hobby is for you.
^ +1

Like we have all said Droll, please listen to what we are saying :D. We are only trying to help you out.
[Image: CIlPR.gif]