New Member Brisbane
Hi Guys

Brad from Seven Hills in Brisbane here. Been a costume and prop person for years and just putting the finishing touches on a ROTJ Vader costume. Hope i am not too old at 54 Smile

When you get to my age perhaps too many toys. I also have an original series Cylon and Warrior costume from the original Battlestar Galactica, and Jaffa from Stargate SG1.

Trying to talk my wife into a Stormtrooper costume for her.

Lately have been spending all my time working on my Delorean Time machine Replica.

CAVX (Mark) suggested I join here, looking for some pointers on fitting the eye lenses to my Vader helmet.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Anyway great to be here

Brad
Welcome aboard Brad, so you know how this pans out as you have a time machine. Enjoy the ride my friend.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Welcome Brad fans of any age ( or size ) are welcome here especially if they bring toys and prop building skills Hehehe . We done have another original series Cylon in the garrison ( Redav ) but no Deloreans or Jaffa's.

If you have spoken to cavx I guess you have a good understanding of what we do and what goes into making us tick. We have no armor parties coming up soon so if you can make it to an event it will give you a chance to meet a few of the garrison and see some armor close up.

We currently have 2 Vaders ( Kev Vader and Muppet ) in the garrison and Im sure they will be able to give you some tips on fitting your eye pieces.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Tuesday 27-Aug-2013, 09:41 AM)SupaTrooper Wrote:  so you know how this pans out as you have a time machine.

ba doom tish!

Welcome Smile

You never too old for fun and toys..... remember we have to grow old but there is no rule about we have to grow up Wink

Also would love to see you Jaffa !
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks for the welcome guys. Even tho I am 54 I am 6ft 2 tall so I imagine if i ever wear the Vader costume shoud make me nearly 6ft 6 tall Smile

Anyone is welcome to drop over and discuss costumes or props. I have been kept a bit busy with the Delorean lately with weddings, formals and shop events, but usually am free most weekends. Would love to chat with the Redav about his Cylon costume.

Mine is in pieces as I am restoring the vacum metalising on the armour pieces, unfortunately the two Colonial Warrior costumes are too small for me Smile

The Jaffa I have tried on but its very hot. it is complete tho from the skullcap to the boots.

Brad
Welcome Brad. Just think in two years time you will be able to add a hover conversion to your Delorean! Exciting times!
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
make sure you ask Redav about the minutes cylonece at the RSL troop Smile

you didnt happen to have the delorean out at Kilcoy a few weeks ago for the Yowie festival?
DW2013 to DW2018
No havent been out there with it yet. I am off to Maleny for a wedding this Sunday Smile
ok just checking as there was one there with a stuff toy dog for Einstein which was cute addition
DW2013 to DW2018
Thats a buddy of mine lance, he lives near Woodford
A Vintage Vader "cheeky giggles". Welcome to the forums. You are never too old, my hubby is in his 50s too and still plays with toys! Your collection sounds awesome. When you are settled within the club more, you should have an armour party so we can come over and check out your toys. There are quite a few wives in the garrison so would be awesome if your wife joined too.
Welcome BrisFx (Brad). There is a wealth of local SW knowledge here and some really nice guys that actually show up when you host a prop/armour party.
Hi Brad and welcome to the Redback Forums.

We have a bit of a gathering on Saturday if you want to come down and say hi and meet a few of us.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-7199.html
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Sounds good, I can get there around 8:30 and have a quick chat and meet if thats ok, have something else on later in the morning. Is it worth bringing my Vader Helmet for you guys to have a look at? Also I will be in the Delorean is that ok?

regards

Brad
Hi Brad, how is the Delorean running?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII