Rockhampton Step Out Walk 2013
Troop Report 
Date: Sunday 8th September 2013

Venue: PCYC to the River Stage

Time: 3pm to 5pm

Mission: Add a bit of Star Wars magic to the Leo Step Out walk for 2013.

Trooper Attendance:

RBG: Angelman - TK, JOker - TK, StormyBrite - SL

RL: Keld

MM/GA etc: N/A

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: Darkcyde, LadyTarkin, Sam, Zoe.

Charity Funds Raised: NA

Injuries / Malfunctions: None

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Success, we've been invited back next year.

Details:

It was a fine day in the Rockhampton system, troopers started to arrive and staging area (PCYC) prior to the event, unfortunately due to either a communication mix up (or sabotage) our change area appeared to be locked up. We found a sheltered area and an armoured up.
There was a serious side to our attendance at Step Out 2013, most of us have had our lives touched in someway from losing someone to suicide. So we felt very honoured to be part of the proceedings for the day.
Reminding ourselves this is a celebration and an event to raise awareness, we proudly collected our symbolic red balloons and engaged with the crowd.
We mingled with the locals, JOker even attempted a disguise.

[Image: Hamingitup.jpg]

Even for the first year of this event running, it was well attended, to avoid the crush and set our own pace (and also to watch out for any trouble makers) we positioned ourselves at the rear of the walk.

[Image: Atthebackofthepack.jpg]

Is it just me or is there pretty much music at every event we turn up at? Angelman wishes he could learn to dance. He's not exactly blending in.

[Image: Blendingin.jpg]

One amazing dancer that attended the event was Tommy Franklin whom you may have seen on X-Factor. Check out his story HERE.

[Image: TommyFranklin.jpg]

Getting ready to release our balloons.

[Image: Nowearenotpowerrangers.jpg]

I'm Darth Nihilus, I don't point (actually I don't have eyes either).

[Image: Idonthaveeyes.jpg]

Was a great afternoon, lovely breeze, the organisers have invited us again for next year. We found a heritage listed building to de-armour and a big thanks to LadyTarkin and Sam for providing vehicle logistics for us on the day. JOker and GA member Jordyn got a bit artsy, lovely photo.

[Image: Artsy.jpg]

See you all again next year.
For more information on Step Out you can visit their Facebook page HERE
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Proud to be part of this one....
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
Another Awesome effort by you all. Such a nice group of people, all doing great things on a regular basis Smile
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Jimmy's Walk for Cancer-Rockhampton JOker 1 7,094 Sunday 9-Feb-2014, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Angelman
Troop Report Downe Syndrome 'Step Up' Event Gold Coast - Sunday 13th of October 2013 APOK 0 3,947 Sunday 27-Oct-2013, 11:01 AM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Million Paws Walk - Rockhampton Angelman 8 17,281 Thursday 23-May-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: SupaTrooper