Greetings from Toowoomba
Hi all!

I've got to say that I've seen you guys around at many events, Toowoomba Carnival of flowers, Supernova etc. I have loved Star Wars since I was knee high to a grasshopper and always been in awe of the Stormtrooper.

One hurdle. I've got no armour and no idea where to purchase or how to build said armour. I'm hoping to go the full hog and become a proper trooper. My preferences on the specific armour are probably around the standard stormtrooper.

Any help/tips on getting the armour and signing up would be fantastic!

Cheers fellas!
Welcome!

I'm fairly new to the Garrison but I would still suggest that you try and get to the "Carnival of Flowers" troop as a "Wangler"...

That way you would:

Meet like people!
See some of the Armour up close! (Very very important)..
Ask LOTS of questions!

Either way, again, welcome and enjoy the journey!
Move along...
Welcome Smile
(Monday 16-Sep-2013, 06:17 PM)Shalord Wrote:  Welcome!

I'm fairly new to the Garrison but I would still suggest that you try and get to the "Carnival of Flowers" troop as a "Wangler"...

That way you would:

Meet like people!
See some of the Armour up close! (Very very important)..
Ask LOTS of questions!

Trust me I already had this planned. I've got myself down working the actual parade and events after, downside of working for the council, but if I get a spare moment I might pop over and find you fellas.
Welcomes. Alway good to see more toowoomba ppl
Many members of the garrison from good old Tbar?
Welcome to the garrison. Glad to see more people from Toowoomba, there are about 9 of us here in Tbar (last time I checked)
I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire. Darth

DW2012DW2013DW2015
(Monday 16-Sep-2013, 07:31 PM)Awoo Wrote:  Welcome to the garrison. Glad to see more people from Toowoomba, there are about 9 of us here in Tbar (last time I checked)

Sounds like there is a nice little gathering. You don't happen to have monthly/semi-annual meetings outside of the Carnival? I only ask as I have a heap of questions and asking a local would be the best way to go for advice and guidance.
(Monday 16-Sep-2013, 07:40 PM)SlatoSniper Wrote:  Sounds like there is a nice little gathering. You don't happen to have monthly/semi-annual meetings outside of the Carnival? I only ask as I have a heap of questions and asking a local would be the best way to go for advice and guidance.

Sadly we don't have any regular meetings, the best way to get some good advice is organise a meeting with one of the local guys with the armour you want to do they'll probably be able to answer most of your questions.
I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire. Darth

DW2012DW2013DW2015
Any volunteers?
we have one or two TKs in Toowoomba best to ask them
and best to go to Redback Garrison / Costuming Resources / 501st Costume Reference Library - 501st Approved Costumes
its got all the stormtrooper info you need
(Monday 16-Sep-2013, 08:01 PM)beccyd Wrote:  we have one or two TKs in Toowoomba best to ask them
and best to go to Redback Garrison / Costuming Resources / 501st Costume Reference Library - 501st Approved Costumes
its got all the stormtrooper info you need

Cheers.
Hey there and welcome to the Redback forums.

What you really need to do is the three R's research, research and research. You need to look for a kit that will suit you.

Here are some links for suggested reading Smile

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-6720.html

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1967.html

I strongly recommend you sign up on to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachement to read everything there is on TK and how to put them together.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi and welcome to the forums..Always looking for more recruits herein Toowoomba.
We will be meeting before the parade at st Pauls church cnr james and Phillip sts. Come along and say hi.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
welcome aboard im newly enlisted as well