Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 17th September
Troop Report 
Date: 21st September 2013

Venue: The City Streets of Toowoomba

Time: 3-4pm

Mission: To bring this years Storybook/Movie theme to life.

Trooper Attendance: There was 34 plus wranglers in total. Sooo...most of you then!
RBG: TKID and username/costume

OK this is going to be hard. Forgiveness is needed on this one. I dont know everyone on the forum now. Mods can you add if you can fill in please? Its been ages since Ive done a trooper report.

Neoeffect - TK
Trinity - TB
Agent Smith- TK
APOK - TD
Awoo - SL (Anakin)
Beanie - TS
beccyd - DZ
BIDS - TK
Buzzard - TK
C3POz Borrowed TK
cobra - TKC
Cutter - SL
Deltorn - TB
Doc - TB
EXPLOSION ED - TK
Glitch - CC
hopfot - TX General Weir
Jimcricket - CT
Kitiara - SL
Lei - ID
Lucky Phil - ID
Mortogg CT
Moxxxie - TK
Oevil1 - SL
Phoenix - TKC
Rebelrach - ID
scoutjockie - TB
Sithprincess - Juno Eclipse
Tachyon - TK
TheWolf - TK

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:

Night Hawk
Tirilia
Greeny
Dee
Candice

C3POZ was a guest trooper (TK) from Bundy.
3 Phases' daughter was a Jawa. Cute as!

Details:

Well the ST Pauls Venue is hard to beat in regards to placement and space for changing. Most of the guys know where to go now so it was allot easier this time to get organised and signed in. The weather was perfect with no clouds and a slight breeze. I didnt need the fans on for this one!

We had a band behind us this time playing star wars music and the band was dressed as Star wars Characters. i.e.. Leia and Jedi. So we got some good photo's with them and I think they got a blast too being with us.

So after about an hour of wait time, checking out the other floats and characters, (the drag queens we saw have left permanent damage to the inside of my forehead), we headed off into the fully lined city streets.

It still amazes me the amount of excitement we generate from not only the kids, but the parents as well. This year we had no stoppages and was a relatively quickish walk straight through to Queens Park. Being near the front helps.

The person who stole the show was 3 Phases daughter who went as a Jawa. The amount of photo's she got at the back with us was amazing and the "oohhhhh's" coming from the crowd was ridiculous! She got stuck a few times from people simply wanting photo's. If there was a trooper award for this event....she'd win! Well done!

After a quick check to see if we all made it OK, we re-hydrated, and headed back to the hall. We didnt hang around for the presentations so I'll let you know how we went if anything happens. I think the walk back is harder than than the actual event. That hill is a killer!

Then after the clean up we headed straight for the pub! Yippee! Well with 40+ people there, (in awesome 501st Legion shirts) we took over about 1/4 of the restaurant. After settling in for some quiet ales and nibblies, we settled in for what turned out to be a great social night. It was so good to see everyone again and catch up with new guys. We have such a great bunch of guys in the garrison.

For you guys that didnt make it, there is a very good reason we get more troopers every year! 100,000+ people and a great atmosphere. You cant beat it.

Best troop I've been on to date.

Again, a big thanks to Agent Smith for covering my ass on the forum in my absence! *sniff* Love you man! *sniff*

Charity Funds Raised: None.

Injuries / Malfunctions: Tachyon had some "pinching" in areas we blokes dont like talking about. I suffered some major leg cramping (not enough water I guess). Moxxxie had a quick tape fix on the run. At least I think it was her. There were lots of TK's in this one! My blaster broke at the start! Sad

Public Incidents: Only the normal shock and awe routine.

Mission Status: Complete and utter success.

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...t=4&page=1
great report and thanks for having us. you put of a great show and weather for it!

Photos are here:
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...%20Flowers

And trooper attendance list:
Neoeffect - TK
Trinity - TB
Agent Smith- TK
APOK - TD
Awoo - SL (Anakin)
Beanie - TS
beccyd - DZ
BIDS - TK
Buzzard - TK
C3POz Borrowed TK
cobra - TKC
Cutter - SL
Deltorn - TB
Doc - TB
EXPLOSION ED - TK
Glitch - CC
hopfot - TX General Weir
Jimcricket - CT
Kitiara - SL
Lei - ID
Lucky Phil - ID
Mortogg CT
Moxxxie - TK
Oevil1 - SL
Phoenix - TKC
Rebelrach - ID
scoutjockie - TB
Sithprincess - Juno Eclipse
Tachyon - TK
TheWolf - TK

Wranglers
Night Hawk
Tirilia
Greeny
Dee
Candice
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
And you're Missing Candice as Wrangler and Photographer. Wink
Well done guys and girls!

I will DEFINATELY be there next year Doppeldaumen1
Move along...
First post adjusted
Nice Troop report Jon.
A brilliant day in all respects. Hanging out waiting for the parade was half the fun. I mean, when do you get to 7 foot tall drag queens?! LOL

[Image: IMG_1130.jpg]
It was an awesome day, and yes they were some tall "ladies"!
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
OK what a great troop and please put me on the trooper list.

Also i think 3pm start was good as we had some nice shade down the main street.

There is a cool pic of Brianna and I on the Toowoomba chronicle website.

She did very well for the fast pace for here little feet and only left my side when she had to go in closer to the crowd to give what she said was a million high five’s.

Here is the pic from the chronicle website

[Image: 9885557636_13dbb02b90_o.jpg]
Hi everyone,
It was my first big troop, had a lot of fun, thanks for a great day.
[Image: tb23177-final_zpsrxwgu0lr.gif][/URL]
Thanks all for coming up the hill..always a great day and the weather was perfect..along with the imperial company.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Thanks Rick and thanks for the mod that filled in the gaps.

See the feedback on the redbacks Facebook page? Apparently we inspired the guys that did the Tardis! Awesome!
Well done everyone ;-p Hope I can make it there one day ha ha
JawaGCSN13 GCSN16   BN13:  BN16 DW2013    DW2016OCC2014
Awesome! I have it on my must troop list for 2014 Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2022 (3rd + 10th + 17th) Bolt_2112 1 463 Sunday 11-Dec-2022, 03:45 PM
Last Post: TripleSix
Troop Report Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers 2012 troop Report Agent Smith 24 42,577 Tuesday 25-Sep-2012, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Phoenix
Troop Report Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Neoeffect 22 36,222 Tuesday 28-Sep-2010, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Kev Vader