New and WOW and WOW
Okay so l want to be a Storm Trooper...That is my daughter and l would like to be.And l've had a look at costumes and requirements and cost and it's like ....aaarrgghhhh.

l think l will have to bring us along to some events and costume thingys to see how we feel about it all.Cause in reality l sort of thought yeah,l can do that and now l'm thinking "are you crazy".

l can sew like a boss but all that plastic stuff and moulding and eeekk.

So,will have to tell her all that l've looked at so far,and see how she feels.

A brief about us..Hmmm too close to 50 to like it ..but hey, l hear 50 is the new 30...gosh l am of the female variety (the fact that l 'm very verbose shoulda alerted you to that fact). She is a mum of 3, 7 5 and one just 18 mths,but has been talking about you for a bit now.

So,her and l will have a chat,see that this is what she wants to do,it would be so cool if she still wants to go ahead with it,but l know financially it will be a thing ,but hey we might be wranglers.(l have a son in the army,so really can't get past a good uniform).and one of the family has to be on the dark side.

Oh and Hi, probs should have started with that.
welcome Smile

the next big event you can catch us out will be Brisbane Supanova in a couple of weeks time that would be the biggest meet up and variety of costumes for the next few months

Otherwise check out the Events link at the top of the page and maybe one of the smaller events might be easier to catch up with us... we are always happy to help out with questions to the newbies.

You mentioned stormtroopers so if you havnt already signup over at www.whitearmor.net as well as that's the detachment site for those of the shiny white armour persuasion Smile

I wont try to bias you one way or another as its best you have a passion about the costume you want to do but soft costume options can be cheaper e.g. Officers/Jawas/etc and can get you in the middle of the fun

Also wranglers are always welcome as very important role and more wranglers means we can get more people in to costumes
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome JimmieJane don't limit yourself to thinking about getting costumes done up for yourself and your daughter, her kids are more than welcome to join up as well. Smile Before you start buying armor it is probably best to come along and see a few of the troopers at an event, because not all armor kits are the same.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the Redback forums, Amanda!
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome to the empire!!! :D
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Welcome, to the Dark Side of the Force.
" And you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much "
Welcome to the forum. Some good advice there already so enjoy your research. Looking forward to meeting you at a Troop sometime soon, as mentioned Nova would be an awesome opportunity for you to see most of the different costumes in the Garrison in the one room.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Thanks for the welcomes ,l forgot to say we are Northern burbs of Brisbane.and the kids would love it. For them never not a reason to dress up.Is it considered sacrilegious that l don't know if l've seen all the movies?....did l just say that.

l do think l would rock the plastic,but l'm open to other mediums....
So good to see you made it to the forums all good.

Didn't I say you would get a lovely warm welcome and load of information :P
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Plenty of grey hair under my storm trooper bucket. I also do the clone thing and Jedi thing (shhhhhh, we don't talk about the Rebel Legion here) there are alternatives to hard armour costumes, especially if you can sew.
Welcome, and like others have suggested come along and help out "wrangling" and/or getting to an armour party (AP) so you can get a close up look at what's what. Some costumes are very limiting in how you can interact with the public, low visibility, can't bend or sit, so costume choice is a big deal, take your time choosing. Many members don't stop at one costume either Lol
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Hi jimmiejane, the way I look at it is that we all here (and yes that does include rebels) are a little crazy, but in a good way.

There are plenty of costumes to choose from both in hard armour like a TK StormTrooper and soft armour, like Officers, Tuskens etc.

Just choose one of your favourite characters and there is usually someone here at knows about it or how to do one.

Enjoy!Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome to the Redbacks.

Any questions just ask away....we are pretty friendly bunch.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Smile
Welcome ladies! The Empire accepts the female recruits too! :-)

There are lots of costumes to choose from that suits all shapes and sizes, not everyone is suited to armour but stormtroopers are very iconic and you never get tired of them. We have some very talented folk here who can help you through researching, purchasing and assembling costumes.

Lots of great Garrison members up north with kids, we have a great support network and so many kids troop in costume too. As mentioned, 'wrangling' and helping out in events is just as important as trooping in a costume, we are always happy to show you the ropes of all that! So welcome and enjoy the ride!