Starlight Wish Week Dinner Gold Coast 14th October
Troop Report 
Date: Monday 14th October 2013

Venue: Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park, 117 Brisbane Rd, Biggera Waters 4216

Time: 1830 - 2030

Mission: To celebrate Starlight’s 25th year and have invited 14 Starlight families from around Australia to enjoy a week of activities on the Gold Coast.

Trooper Attendance:

Apok - TB
Oigen - TK
Glitch - TK
Spooky - DZ Jawa

Guest Attendance:

Charlie from High 5!!!! Eyebrows
2 of the Captain Starlights

Details: This was to show some support to one of our main charities as they were saying thanks to the parents of some 14 sick kids.

Whilst changing in the dark so the kids couldn't see us and watching the Captian Starlights rehearse, we got ready to once again blow people away with our awesomeness. Once the Captains were ready to go we headed to the side of stage and waited for Charlie from High 5 to give a run down of what was going on and then it was on for the Captains.

After a short skit by them it was time for us to enter to the crowd singing the Imperial March with a ukulele laying down the rift. The crowd went wild....one kid went ballistic and we were quickly told not to go near her. After a quick wave from the stage it was time to head into the crowd...nowhere near the scared little girl.

High fives and cuddles were in plentiful supply. It was a great night to be a trooper. Lots of photos were taken by very grateful parents and a very grateful Charlie. What can I say, she loves me....I mean us Cheeky. Apok then had a great conversation with a little girl called Sarina and her best friend, a toy dog, Tipper. Boy did they chat.

Well after the night wore on we were about to leave when we got a message that a young fella, called Jackson, was too sick to make it to the dinner. He was a massive Star Wars fan and didn't even know we were there. Well it was troopers to the rescue!!! A quick walk to his cabin and we hand delivered his dinner to him. Needless to say when he gets better I can see that he will be joining our ranks.

This was a great night and even as we were trying to leave the kids didn't want us to go. After we de-armoured we were then treated to a meal fit for Vader. Delicious.

I believe that the 4 troopers that attended walked away better people after that night. This is what we troop for.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil. This was to just put smiles onto the faces of some sick kids and very well deserving parents.

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: At the end of the night Apok got confused as to who he was saying goodbye to. Apparently the kids there were children and not monkeys. Hilarity ensued. Silly moneys!

Mission Status: Complete success.

Photos: Awaiting from the Starlight guy.
Great work! Alyssa from Starlight asked me to pass on a big THANK YOU!!! They were so grateful and made the night extra-special!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Starlight Week Mackay 2023 TripleSix 4 438 Monday 2-Oct-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Starlight Week - Zing Logan (week 2) MyKill 1 332 Sunday 3-Sep-2023, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Starlight Week EB Games Albert Street Donut 4 454 Wednesday 30-Aug-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz