Rockhampton Rail Museum Family Fun Day
Troop Report 
Date: Sunday 27th October 2013

Venue: Rockhampton Rail Museum

Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm

Mission: Provide a bit of Star Wars magic from a long, long time ago.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG: 6729 - Angelman/CC, 13231 - Stormybrite/SL

RL: Keld - Tusken

MM/GA etc: Sadly none this troop (James aka Commander Fox, did visit though)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: LadyTarkin, Jacknife, JOker, AndyRulz, Picasso

Details:

CC6729 Commander Cody here in from orbit over the Rockhampton system, got a garbage scow problem to deal with so just a quick report:

On hearing this was the last family fun day to be had at the Archer Park Rail Museum for the year, a few of us suited up and to wow the younglings yet again.

Big thanks to Dennis for allowing us to use his office as our Command Centre. Troopers ready - Check.

[Image: DSCF4336.jpg]

Our friends from the NVG Silistra (formerly Ravenguard) were there again.
[Image: DSCF4350.jpg]

Here's one "heavy metal" fan, thank goodness our armour (from a long, long time ago) is lighter and easier to move in.

[Image: DSCF4345.jpg]

Troopers ready for action:

[Image: DSCF4353.jpg]

Commander Cody (Angelman) "I may have to lay off the local treats, or I'm never going to fit back in this armour".

[Image: DSCF4337.jpg]

It was a very much like a typical day on Tatooine, very hot. All troopers survived well and considered it a good training mission for future deployments.

Commander Cody Angelman - Out.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: None, but the Sith Lord may consider getting some knee pads for the next troop involving small children.

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Success
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
We received this email today - well done guys Doppeldaumen1

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was involved today at the Archer Park Rail Museum in Rockhampton. Being a massive Star Wars fan my entire life, one of my greatest thrills was introducing my children to the saga. My daughter's 2nd favourite character, after Princess Leia is Obi-Wan Kenobi so she got a huge thrill out of getting a photo with one of the Tusken Raiders. Everyone was very accommodating to the kids and I know they got a big kick out of it (especially in the hot conditions)."

Thanks
Andrew Pratt
DW2011CVICVII
nice work troopers.
Keld will be super happy to hear that there was some love for the tusken Smile
(Monday 28-Oct-2013, 10:29 AM)Doc Wrote:  We received this email today - well done guys Doppeldaumen1

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was involved today at the Archer Park Rail Museum in Rockhampton. Being a massive Star Wars fan my entire life, one of my greatest thrills was introducing my children to the saga. My daughter's 2nd favourite character, after Princess Leia is Obi-Wan Kenobi so she got a huge thrill out of getting a photo with one of the Tusken Raiders. Everyone was very accommodating to the kids and I know they got a big kick out of it (especially in the hot conditions)."

Thanks
Andrew Pratt

If there's one thing that will make me look for even more trooping opportunities and troop even more, it's feedback like this. Big thanks to fans of Star Wars like Andrew Notworthy
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Awesome work, guys. It's great to get feedback from a troop like this! :D
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
I take my hat off to you troopers up there in Rocky.....and use it as a fan! Well done it must be so challenging in the heat up there!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Archer Park Family Day- Rockhampton JOker 5 11,107 Sunday 1-Sep-2013, 10:57 PM
Last Post: BIDS
Troop Report Archer Park Family Fun Day- Rockhampton JOker 7 15,139 Friday 5-Jul-2013, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Sithprincess