Blaster Import Q & A
Post questions here, gang. Wink

But have a look and see if your question has already been answered.

The form you need is now attached to this post.

Beerchug

Attached Files
.pdf   ImportPermit.pdf (Size: 24.43 KB / Downloads: 55)
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
what goes in this field:
Code:
Licence Number or other Lawful Authority (eg Section 2 Exemption):

And they don't care if we submit a form for a fake gun that dosnt need the form?
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
OK, so when you send the form off, they send you a permit back...hopefully, right? And how long did yours take to arrive???
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hey scot, with that form... what goes in the area labeled: ""Licence Number or other Lawful Authority (eg Section 2 Exemption):""

I put in my drivers licence number

michael - 21-04-21:48 -- so when you send the from off, they send you a permit???

Yes. Normally within a fortnight.

Warlord - 21-04-21:47 -- So its only for one at a time?

Yes. You have to surrender the permit if you have to pick it up from customs.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Cool, thanks Scotty Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

ah, *facepalm* "licence number" heh.... the "Lawful authority" bit threw me off Lol.
DW2012

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
Thank you. I meant though, if you were getting 2 replica's sent at the same time in the same box would you need 2 permits for it? Or can you only get one.
(Wednesday 21-Apr-2010, 10:01 PM)kieran Wrote:  what goes in this field:
Code:
Licence Number or other Lawful Authority (eg Section 2 Exemption):

And they don't care if we submit a form for a fake gun that dosnt need the form?

If it looks like a "weapon" or some one could mistake it for a weapon, they want to know about it.

(Wednesday 21-Apr-2010, 10:02 PM)michael Wrote:  OK, so when you send the form off, they send you a permit back...hopefully, right? And how long did yours take to arrive???

Mine took about 10 days. I faxed it to them and then called to make sure they got the fax. I also asked the officer on the other end of the phone what he thought. He told me it should be ok.

Guys..... Please don't start to pepper the weapons branch with the same questions over and over. Slowly slowly. You don't have to rush.

Post here..... A lot safer. Reason.......

A Member OS kept at and at their weapons branch to allow him to import an E-11. The police told him to cool it. His CO told him to cool it. His Garrison members told him to cool it. The Detachment members told him to cool it. But he kept going.

So..... ????

One day at a hospital troop a swat team showed up and arrested all the 501st members with their blasters. The blasters were taken away and destroyed. And members were issued with large fines. And now the police have just cause to enter their properties and search for more hasbro blasters to confiscate.

Not saying that that will happen here as or laws are different. I'm just saying go easy with this info.

RE: Two replicas. Not sure. Try and put X2 on the form. Otherwise I guess they will send you two permits.

I still have my permit and will bring it to the next AP/Troop.

wow... I guess they wern't too happy with him then... Eek
DW2012

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
He is no longer a member.

If I'm thinking of the same guy, from what I've read on FISD he wasn't a full member just a cadet.
So is this for when importing a blaster and you get a notice from customs saying that they are holding it? Or is this if you have a blaster incoming?

I need to know as I have ordered my Scout blaster from PA in the states.
I'd assume you would submit this before it comes into the country.

I might be wrong there
DW2012

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
I would think so too. Might just wait and see, as I work at the airport I may even see about going down to customs after work oneday, if they send me a notice.
It has been a while...

But I think they keep it for 48 hrs then destroy it.

It takes about ten working days to get the permit.

You do the math.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firearm ie replica import restrictions Hunter930 6 1,887 Tuesday 17-Jun-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ACE
  MSP5 - Import permit needed Bullant 8 2,683 Thursday 10-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bullant