G'day, Another newbie from Toowoomba
Hello all!

Big star wars fan here have been looking at getting in to costuming for a long time and have always wanted to get a storm trooper outfit.

Anyway I thought I would say the manditory hello and what not and take a chance to ask a question while I'm here.

I'm fairly time poor so making a costume would be a pretty long drawn out process not to mention painful and I've seen sites like http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/authe...stume.html with them ready made to go.

Can anyone tell me about how reputable this particular site is or recommend any others for me.

Cheers

Michael
Hi Michael, welcome to our forums Smile

Building a costume can be a long process, but it all depends on what you're building, some are quick, others take months, and sometimes years of research and work. The BEST way to start out in the 501st, is to meet up with some troopers (and we've got a few up in T'ba now) and have a look at the armour first hand, sit down and chat about what costume would be best for you, as there's pros and cons to each costume type (for instance, if you want to sit down, being a Clone or a Stormtrooper makes that pretty difficult)

Don't be in a rush, take your time, read everything on the forums, and listen to the advice you get from experienced troopers, places like ebay and a lot of "off the shelf" sellers can be a total minefield, as more often than not, items claiming to be "prop accurate" and "501st approved" are anything but.
Welcome to the Forums, Michael!
Hi Michael, and welcome.

Unfortunately the costume in your link is a Rubies brand, licenced replica, which is not approvable in the 501st without MAJOR alterations, which in the long run isn't worth the money you spent to buy it. If you have your heart set on getting a stormtrooper costume, join the www.whitearmor.net forums and check out the makes over there, and get in contact with the makers themselves. If you get yourself to an amrour party (AP) you can talk to fellow Redbacks and see costumes first hand, and ask LOTS of questions. The only dumb question is one not asked.

Good Luck!!!
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome! It's a long, drawn out, painful but rewarding process even when you have the time!
Hey Everyone,

I'm impressed by the prompteness and friendliness of the responses and the answeres were exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot hope to see more of you!
Hi Michael,
Welcome to the forum, some great advice above. You're lucky to have a pretty good bunch of members in Tbar so you'll be in good hands. Looking forward to meeting you at a Troop or AP in the near future.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
I've seen a few of the Toowoomba guys and girls a few times at parades and what not with Jawas in tow. I hope my future spawn doesn't mind costuming because they are so becoming Jawas or minature Jedi.
Hi mate, welcome from another Toowoomba trooper.
Perhaps we could catch up and show you some of whats involved.
Help is always available, just dont rush into any purchases..they can end up being expensive and just plain wrong if you dont ask advice. Lots of it here though and questions are free.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the Redbacks!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Saturday 2-Nov-2013, 01:33 PM)Agent Smith Wrote:  Hi mate, welcome from another Toowoomba trooper.
Perhaps we could catch up and show you some of whats involved.
Help is always available, just dont rush into any purchases..they can end up being expensive and just plain wrong if you dont ask advice. Lots of it here though and questions are free.

That would be outstanding, I'm never one to rush into things so the more info the better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie From Toowoomba BATMAN 7 9,074 Saturday 28-Jan-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Agent Smith