Hi from the Ross family
Hey everyone

After the kids spent a hour or so just watching at Supanova I finally decided to sign up and say hi. Been considering joining for a while now and with the kids wanting to join the Galactic Academy figured I'd start the ball rolling.

Still not sure what I'm going to do but have to start some place and will eventually get some ideas Smile

Neal
Welcome! Smile
Welcome Neal

Sure others will chip in for Costume ideas and such .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Welcome to you and yours Smile

First questions to try and help you out are

is there a budget you have? Soft costumes can sometimes be cheaper then the armoured ones e.g imperial officer

Is there a specific costume your are passionate about? As that can keep you going when you sometimes get stuck

Otherwise check out www.501st.com and follow the link to the CRL (costume resource library) this will list what you are required to meet for approval.

Last advice is before you buy swing back here to confirm you are on right track before wasting money on something they may not be allowed e.g. A rubies licensed stormtrooper suit which is not approvable
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome Neal Smile
Hi Neal welcome to the forumJig
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hello and welcome Smile
Welcome Neal, hope you enjoyed Nova.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi there Ross family and welcome, as you would have seen at Nova there is a wide range of costumes to choose from. If you want to have a "family" look the two best ones to look at are Jawas and Mandolorians.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hi Neal,

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks everyone for the welcoming

Budget tends to be a limiter for all my hobbies so considering some simple ideas first and then aiming for more complex as time goes by.

Been considering either Jawa, royal guard or mechanic. My younger son is considering a clone cadet or Jedi of some sort. Will keep sifting through everything and see what jumps out at us Smile
Hey Neal, I was the animated Commander Cody that was waving to your son (with the Joker make up?) at Supanova late afternoon on Sunday.
Any hobby is expensive, think about fishing, you could spend $35,000 on a boat, then rego x 2, insurance, maintenance, fuel, etc, etc. And I don't think you could find a hobby as rewarding as this.
There are very few members that stop at one costume, many members have long term builds on the go, as real life time commitments and expenses do get in the way.
My partner LadyTarkin and I often troop with our GA kids, it's a great family activity and the girls know and understand they are setting an example for other kids, so they are very well behaved when we troop.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Hi Neal and family.
Welcome

Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
welcome!
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017