Jimmy's Walk for Cancer-Rockhampton
Troop Report 
Date: 9/02/14

Venue: Bruce Highway, Rockhampton

Time: 6.30am

Mission: To give Jimmy an Imperial send off from Rockhampton as he continues his trek around Australia in aid of the Brainchild Foundation

Trooper Attendance:

TK-8548 Joker
TK-6729 Angelman

Support Crew:
Stormybrite, Picasso, Jacknife

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Angelman’s helmet frown had slipped down, but it was pushed back up easily

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Report:

After a long night of rain, dawn brought no change in the weather for normally sunny Rockhampton, it ranged between drizzle and pouring, so the roadside suit up while waiting for Jimmy to join us was rather comical when streams of cold water running off the umbrella hit Joker in some “awkward” places during his suit up (which I am still not convinced was not deliberate on umbrella holder Picasso’s behalf) and his bag was left looking a lot like a children’s wading pool with Angelman’s gear bag only slightly better.

To pass the time, Angelman and Joker performed a roadside rendition of “Trooping in the Rain”

[Image: P1090999_zps4a9de119.jpg]

Once Jimmy arrived, we made introductions, and as a token of our admiration for the amazing effort that he’s undertaken, we presented him with a Redback Garrison patch and pin (he loved them, and put the pin straight on his shirt). Holorecordings were taken…

[Image: P1100007_zps606ffbd0.jpg]

With safety foremost in mind, we made it a compulsory requirement for anyone walking with Jimmy to be in high visibility clothing with reflective strips after a quick check that everyone knew the plans for where to walk, and how to stay safe, we set off..

[Image: P1100016_zps86683834.jpg]

Almost like a summer day on Kamino, passing cars tooted their horns and cheered us on as well, it was great to see the support for this young bloke

[Image: P1100030_zpsc793a652.jpg]

Angelman and Joker got to hear tales from his travels, and his plans for the future once he arrives back home in Adelaide…

[Image: P1100043_zpse9704cc2.jpg]

We made sure he knew which direction to take…

[Image: P1100046_zpsafd1ccd0.jpg]

Farewells were said

[Image: P1100051_zpsc992d602.jpg]

and finally, we waved goodbye to our new friend

[Image: P1100048_zpsf452b72e.jpg]

Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1 Mission accomplished! Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1

[Image: P1100054_zpsc1cfeb7e.jpg]

Thank you to everyone who answered the call for this, it’s not easy to leave a warm bed at 5am on a cold wet morning to troop in the rain, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that this was something that I’m really glad we got to do.

I only got to talk with Jimmy and make the offer to join him yesterday afternoon, which was the reason for the short notice on this troop, Our counterparts down in SA, the Southern Dewbacks and Ryloth Base, were there to see him off right back at the start, and I think it means a lot to him every time a trooper suits up to join him for a small part of this amazing journey
This is one of the reasons I love being part of "this".
Well done Jimmy and may you continue to have a safe journey.

On a side note: TK armour is quite effective wet weather gear, didn't actually need the umbrella.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Walk for Brain Cancer - Ashgrove Rubber 3 6,588 Wednesday 14-May-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Post: stormybrite
Troop Report Rockhampton Step Out Walk 2013 Angelman 2 7,287 Sunday 15-Sep-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Baytrooper
Troop Report Million Paws Walk - Rockhampton Angelman 8 17,281 Thursday 23-May-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: SupaTrooper