Legion Commander Inspects the Troops
Hey gang!
Albin here - kicking off 2010's series of Virtual Inspection Tours of the Legion. I'll keep it brief - please post whatever topics are on your mind about the Legion and I'll address them. This is your chance to take it to the top and let me know what's going on. Even if it's not a serious topic, I'd love to hear what you think - what's your best experience in the Legion? What would you like to see us improve? What questions do you have about how we're run? Let me hear you.

One of the projects I'm working on for this year is to establish our Legion Charity Network, with a Legion Charity Representative serving at the top in my cabinet making formal agreements with top-level national and international charity organizations. Our current LCR is Scott Allen and his email address is darthvader501@gmail.com . Please feel free to contact him with any questions or ideas you have about how the Legion works with charities. He will be looking for Charity Reps from each Garrison, so if you don't have one now it might be a good idea to name one so he/she can work directly with Scott on how to best share information and maximize our impact on charity. Scott will also be asking for all the fund-raising totals your unit has made for the year so we can add it to a running total for the Legion each year - we want to see what the Legion has accomplished!

Another project we're working on is our 501st Legion Archives. Our Legion Archivist, Cheralyn Lambeth, is busy collecting hundreds of items from all over the world that relate to the Legion and our accomplishments. Those items are stored and cataloged at her house and at mine and serve as a permanent repository for the legacy of the Legion. A big part of it will be on display at Celebration V. Please help the Archives by sending whatever items your Garrison creates or uses at events, anything from patches to trading cards (signed!) to fliers for events to promo items to retired signage used at your table - anything, really! Whatever tells the story of the Legion. We don't want your unit to be left out! You can contact Cher at genivanova@prodigy.net or at cheralyn.lambeth@yahoo.com . You can send any items directly to me at 300 Braewick Rd Columbia, SC 29212 and I promise they will receive a proper place in the vault for future generations to see. We would also encourage you to name a Garrison Archivist and share that with Cheralyn - a network of historians would be a powerful thing.

Lastly, I want to share with each unit the news (since some do not go to the forums) that we have official 501st Legion Key Chains and R2-KT key chains for sale while they're still available. They look fantastic and would be great for members to have to show their Legion pride. The 501st key chains are here, the R2-KT ones are being made. Both are $6 apiece, shipping included inside the U.S. (add a buck for outside the U.S.) and are $5 apiece on orders of 10 or more (great for group orders). You can paypal payment to albinj@sc.rr.com or send check or money order to the address above. You can see images of each here:
http://www.albinjohnson.com/501stLegion/...ychain.jpg
http://www.albinjohnson.com/501stLegion/...ychain.jpg

Okay, enough of a commercial. I'll be around regularly to check on this thread. Please post freely and let's have a good conversation about what's going on in your neck of the woods.

Thanks and God bless

AL (Tk210)
- Albin Johnson Trooper TK210
Founder, 501st Legion

[Image: sigbanner.gif]
Welcome to the boards, AL

Welcome

Quick!...... Everyone look busy.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Hi Al welcome to the Redback Garrison. Smile
Welcome to our new boards Al, Thanks for the updates!
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
Lol "keep it brief" Lol
....now i know where Kev gets it from Wink
Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!
I have a question.

Where are the cookies, I was promised cookies.
theres cookies? no one told me about cookies.

welcome to the forums of (what i have been told) the best dam garrison in the 501st
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Welcome Albin, glad to have you here.

Azza
Welcome aboard sir!!! Tk
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome and thanks for the checking in.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

SIR! *Stands to attention and salutes*
Thanks for the welcome! I promise I won't always be wordy, but sometimes I want to make sure important stuff makes it here from the main boards.

About the cookies...

[Image: 128925226149450940.jpg]
Hey Gang!
I'd like to share news about our upcoming 501st party at CV and volunteer opportunities:
The 501st Legion Imperial Bash! Not all of you get on the main forums but I hope we'll see you at CV in Orlando Aug 12-15. This is huge!

Join fellow 501st members, friends and family for a night of music, food, drinks, prizes and a whole lot of fun. This will be the not-miss event at Celebration V. Surprises guaranteed!

Unfortunately we are forced to cap this event at 800 attendees, this includes VIP guests due to maximum room attendance by the Fire Marshall.

Tickets in the form of collectible bracelets will be on sale in advance ONLY. They will not be on sale at Celebration V, so donâ€t wait to order. The first 350 tickets sold will receive a FREE 501st Imperial Bash patch with their bracelet. So don't wait to order!

Tickets can be picked up at the 501st Legion room at CV (preferred method) due to possible line congestion at the event door. While this is a 501st Legion event, friends and family (18 years and up) are welcome to attend and purchase tickets directly.
Tickets: $21. This includes admission, food, soft drinks and entertainment. A cash bar with great prices and special drinks will be available as well.

Sponsor an Honorary Member! We want to invite all the 501st Honorary Members to our event, but weâ€ll need YOUR help! You can sponsor an Honorary Member for only $10! An invitation with your name as the sponsor will be delivered to the Honorary Member at CV.

Advance price Deadline: July 9th. After this date the price will increase to $25, so donâ€t wait! Final deadline is July 30th.

To order tickets and sponsor an Honorary Member, and for more details on entertainment, food, drinks and venue, visit the official 501st CV Imperial Bash website: http://www.501stBash.com.

Feel free to share the website with friend and family who will be attending. Get ready for an incredible experience!

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=12...972&ref=mf

[Image: 501stImperialBashFlyer.jpg]

* 501st Entertainment Team Sign-up
For CIV, the 501st organized a variety of "hit and run" skits all over the convention center. These were impromptu re-enactments of Star Wars scenes that would catch con goers by surprise as they swept through an area of the con. The scenes included Stormtroopers leading a prisoner Princess Leia, a Wampa dragging an unconscious Luke, Jawa's carrying a prop R2-D2, trooper marches and other such scenes.
If you'd like to help participate in these scenes, please post here:
http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtop...550ad10e32

* 501st Hospitality Team Sign-up
For CIV the 501st Legion created a team of members that welcomed our Honorary Members to the event with gift baskets, invitations to the 501st mixer, and offers of support if they found they were in need. The gift baskets features 501st memorabilia like t-shirts and other items.
We'd like to do that again for CV, so if you're interested in working on this project, please volunteer here:

* 501st Room Volunteering
Once we nail down the general floor plan for the 501st room at CV, we'll start taking volunteers for the various ways people can volunteer. And we will definitely need volunteers! So please committ to a few hours here and there to make sure we're covered. The great thing is there will be variety and it should be fun. We'll be part of the show more than ever.
Keep in mind that 501st volunteering is not the same thing as CV volunteering. We will handle our own scheduling and the hours here don't count to any reimbursement that LFL/Reed may be offering. But the fun and fellowship with other troopers from around the world will be its own reward, of course!
Some examples of what we'll have in the room that will need volunteers include:

501st information booth
Droid Hunt badge/prize distribution
Prop & costume display monitoring/Q&A
501st Archive booth
TK Helmet Project monitoring
...and more.

We'll also have some spots for costumed volunteers, such as a Tatooine set, potentially the Emperor's throne and more.
A sign up list will be posted once the details are nailed down, so stay tuned for that here:

Let's make our presence known at CV! Thank you
- Albin Johnson Trooper TK210
Founder, 501st Legion

[Image: sigbanner.gif]
I have already bought my tickets to CV and the Imperial Bash.

See you there.
So envious.

I've bought a ticket in this Saturday's $20,000,000 superdraw. One can only hope...
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015