Legion Commander Inspects the Troops
Same as you Moxxie, Ive got No cash to attend this.. but I'm sorely tempted to buy a ticket just for the patch XD (will probably give the ticket away)
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
(Thursday 13-May-2010, 04:55 PM)Tirilia Wrote:  Same as you Moxxie, Ive got No cash to attend this.. but I'm sorely tempted to buy a ticket just for the patch XD (will probably give the ticket away)

Its too late to get a patch.

Make me an offer.
XD I was kiddin mate, Thanks though!
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
I need more money. Sad
Same here
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
HI AL! Welcome to the RBG! Great to see...err.....hear from you.

I feel all warm and fuzzy! Wink
Good to be here, um "Neo" Smile

I'm sorry about the event being so far away. That was a great part of Celebration Japan and Pasadena Parade was getting to meet so many folks who normally can't make it state-side.

Okay, so enough about the Celebration event - how are things in your neck of the woods, then?
- Albin Johnson Trooper TK210
Founder, 501st Legion

[Image: sigbanner.gif]
(Wednesday 26-May-2010, 04:28 AM)tk210 Wrote:  Okay, so enough about the Celebration event - how are things in your neck of the woods, then?

Well..... We are starting to get quite a number of large annual events.

Which is great!! Jig

And our membership has exploded since we became a garrison.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Oy, Redbacks! Good on ya

Hopefully everyone is still doing well. No posts so I don't feel guilty just chatting about whatever. While I'm here, let me spread the word about my personal project: the Galactic Cadet Academy. I am starting a new costuming project for all the young SW fans too young to join the Legion. It will be a combined Imp/Reb costume gallery. Altho it has no official ties with the 501st or RL, it will be in place for kids to feel the same sense of belonging we do with our clubs. Imagine the pride boys and girls and teens will feel when they see their pic in their own age category and wear their unit logo on their sleeve!

[Image: cadets-promopic.jpg]

Tell all your friends who have little SW fans with costumes! Together we can rule the galaxy! For more information, just email us at info@galactic-academy.com

Now let's see more pics/cookies/questions/rotten tomatoes! Smile
Founder, 501st Legion

methinks that will be rather popular... Doppeldaumen1
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
(Thursday 13-May-2010, 07:50 PM)Draco Wrote:  
(Thursday 13-May-2010, 04:55 PM)Tirilia Wrote:  Same as you Moxxie, Ive got No cash to attend this.. but I'm sorely tempted to buy a ticket just for the patch XD (will probably give the ticket away)

Its too late to get a patch.

Make me an offer.

hey what do you want for it Wink
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Thursday 10-Jun-2010, 11:49 AM)tk210 Wrote:  Oy, Redbacks! Good on ya

Hopefully everyone is still doing well. No posts so I don't feel guilty just chatting about whatever. While I'm here, let me spread the word about my personal project: the Galactic Cadet Academy. I am starting a new costuming project for all the young SW fans too young to join the Legion. It will be a combined Imp/Reb costume gallery. Altho it has no official ties with the 501st or RL, it will be in place for kids to feel the same sense of belonging we do with our clubs. Imagine the pride boys and girls and teens will feel when they see their pic in their own age category and wear their unit logo on their sleeve!

[Image: cadets-promopic.jpg]

Tell all your friends who have little SW fans with costumes! Together we can rule the galaxy! For more information, just email us at info@galactic-academy.com

Now let's see more pics/cookies/questions/rotten tomatoes! Smile
G'day Albin, cool something for the kids! My little fella loves "trooping" with us "big" kids, he's on my case all the time with "when's the next troop Dad?".lol
[Image: IMG_0935.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0992.jpg]

Cheers mate!
I call him my little padawan when I'm representing the RL Hehehe
So I'm back, albeit not as often as I'd like. Pretty soon I'll be asking for a new thread (if you're interested) called Founder Visits since I won't be running for LCO next term. I know some have criticized me for not making visits regularly enough and for that I apologize. However, I think a little is better than not-at-all and I will continue to make the rounds next year. If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see let me know.

Okay, so allow me to make some announcements if I may.

Item #1 - We no longer have mass-email support in the main forums so my news announcements have not been going out. I was not aware of this so please know we are still looking for submissions for Trooper of the Month for September and October.

Item #2 - We have a new proposals up for ratifying amendments to the charter. One has just been passed by the general membership but thanks to the Legion Council's hard work there are more critical proposals to debate and vote on. Please check in with the general discussion area of the main 501st forum to discuss the issues and get out the vote.

Item #3 - new LXO - please welcome Angela Mash as the new LXO. Ron Garner had to step down due to military obligations. Please feel free to contact Angela at bfett333@shaw.ca and congratulate her (or just complain about the food in the Death Star cafeteria).

Item #4 - Christmas Lanyards - Due to repeated requests for a run of these, we are now offering 501st lanyards in Christmas colors. We are also offering R2-KT lanyards in pink and we also still have a few regular 501st lanyards left in red and in black (less than 20 of the black left). All lanyards are $6 apiece plus $1 shipping for every five ordered. (Lanyards are $5 each for orders of 10 or more). You can paypal to albinj@sc.rr.com - please specify what you're ordering including color(s). You can see the goods here (click to enlarge):

[Image: lanyards-christmas_resize.jpg]
[Image: lanyards-r2kt_resize.jpg]
[Image: lanyards4_resize.jpg]

Don't be shy. Make your Garrison buddies jealous. Get 'em now as the runs are limited. Make sure you troop with the Force *and* the Christmas spirit. Smile

Item #5 - Charity Totals
Not sure if you heard the news, but the Legion Charity Representative, Scott Allen, reported last week that thanks to all the reports from Garrison Charity Reps from all over that we now have records showing $3.1 Million in charitable donations that the Legion had a hand in in 2010. Can you believe that? That's a crazy amount of money and enough to inspire us that we're making a huge difference. We're sure that's on the low-side as many units didn't report all of their activities. Please join us by helping boost that total with your report of charitable donations made on behalf of the 501st or generated as a result of activities in your community. Appoint your own unit Charity Rep and get in touch with Scott at darthvader501@gmail.com

So let me close up here before I go on too long. Post anything you want here: questions, comments, whatever and I'll be back soon. Your feedback is important and I do want to continue visiting the forums to get your input. If you can't reach me here, feel free to pm me at albinj@sc.rr.com.

As we go into the holidays let me say how much it means for me to have an extended family like the 501st. It may not be perfect, but we're over 5,000 strong and built to last. Please be safe. And thanks for making the Legion strong!
Founder, 501st Legion

Hi Albin,(or should that be Sir, permission to speak Sir)
that figure is amazing..as a new guy yet to get approved etc, I am really looking forward to being able to help the Redbacks raise lots more.
Its nice to know that you do drop by from time to time also.
Nice to hear from you.
Cheers
Agent
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty