Guest Trooper Attendance:

Griffith University Film Crew

Support Crew:

The Scotsman
Hopfot
Cutter
Bigmac

Detail:

Arriving early, Lord Vader was met by agents of the Starlight Foundation, Claire and Michelle. Locating the change-area, he was quickly joined by the rest of the troopers, and support crew. We were also joined by a Film Crew from Griffith University, who were completing their work on a Documentary about Star Wars costumers. After running through a number of set shots with the crew, it was off to EB Games for us. Upon arrival we were quickly surrounded by swarms of eager humans, all keen to meet the Empireâ€s finest and have photoâ€s taken with us. Whilst all this was happening, our intrepid Support Crew moved amongst the masses and collected donations for Starlight.

We then broke up into a couple of groups with one group circling the perimeter, seeking out rebel sympathisers, and quickly neutralising them.

A few more interviews with the Film Crew, and it was quickly back to the change-room where we could de-armour and head off to the second troop of the day at the Relay For Life.

Injuries:

Nil

Malfunctions:

Nil

Public Incidents:

Kev Vader got a hug from an extremely grateful Starlight photographer, Michelle, who had met him the day before whilst in armour, and had had nightmares about Vader that night. I was declared “lovely” out of armour – strange but true.

Mission Status:

Success!!

Photos:
(Monday 10-May-2010, 11:50 PM)Kev Vader Wrote:  Public Incidents:

Kev Vader got a hug from an extremely grateful Starlight photographer, Michelle, who had met him the day before whilst in armour, and had had nightmares about Vader that night. I was declared “lovely” out of armour – strange but true.

hahaha sounds like it was fun
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
It got really busy there at a few points, but had a great time. Will starlight be sending us copies of the photos they took Kev?
One of my toe spikes came off during the filming at the start. Hoppy promptly screwed it back on and taped it up. I had fun at the end when there was only a few of us left and I was able to play the statue game. Big thanks to Bigmac and Tiri for wrangling at the end while I waited for my parents to show up.
:dw11: :dw12:
Good report Smile though unhappy people - the two asian guys hussling for a fight.. who poked and pushed Moxxie whilst she was playing statues until she scared the heck out of them.. the same one who asked you "Why are you so Tall" whilst trying to pull a button off your chest-led display.. the reply was classic "Why are You so Short?" Good on you Kev. Definitely took him down a peg.

Ps- No worries Bossy! Hope you had a great Bday :D

Looking forward to seeing some footage from our personal filmcrew...

PPS- Very surprised looking Flowerlady..?
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Ah yes. I have video of the flower lady. Will be collating the Scare video that J/cutter filmed for us. and will upload the pics I have also.
PS - sorry that the first few photos are a little blury. had the wrong lens setting to start with.
2 photos uploaded, but for some reason I'm haveing trouble uploading multiple photos. might have to get them to someone else to upload as I can't upload multiple photos to photobucket. Huh really not sure why as facebook accepted all my shadow build photos.
(Tuesday 11-May-2010, 03:30 PM)Tirilia Wrote:  Good report Smile though unhappy people - the two asian guys hussling for a fight.. who poked and pushed Moxxie whilst she was playing statues

Really? Do you get much trouble when you troop?
Trooper motto Blue, "You're always going to get Idiots"

Whether its some drunks in the city who decide that buying toy lightsabers and hitting you with them is hillarious (Goose and Dredd, LACED troop.. until Dredd grabbed the saber and snapped it in two hehe). Or someone who is showing off to friends by 'cleverly not falling for your statue act', and hits your helmet or pushes you.... Theres always going to be one or two, generally the wranglers step in before anything serious happens.. thats why theyre there Smile It can be avoided by staying with the group and not wandering off on your own, trouble people are less likely to approach a large group of us.
(Saturday 15-May-2010, 12:16 AM)Bluenose Wrote:  Really? Do you get much trouble when you troop?

Yes.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the public. Mad

A good wrangler will see trouble coming. As the idiots will often egg each other to do some thing first.

So if you see, say, three young guys (typically) whispering and giggling in a tight group while looking at a trooper...... They are usually planing something. And the second they make any move toward the trooper..... Block their path and say "Hello.... And yes they are very expensive suits. Are you looking to buy a broken one?" Redcard

And I have no problem saying a few more choice words quietly to them as well.

I was trooping with an inexperienced wrangler at a train station once when I was king hit from behind by a 17 year old........ Hilarious. Devil
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Yikes Scotty... wouldnt like to see the state of the 17yr old afterwards..

Dont let it scare you off though Blue, its a law of society, wherever people are gathered, there will be one idiot who becomes contagious.. It just happens that we're in armour at the time and get to be target number one. Ive personally never heard of a trooper being injured enough to require a medic, but it does p them off.. Just ask Doug.... why anyone in their right mind would attempt to have a go at him in the first place, Ive no idea... Death Wish comes to mind, but they still try it on.

The neat thing is that Law is on our side, and whatever they do to is Is assault and we can press charges if we want to.
I'm not overly concerned, just a little surprised that's all. It wont put me off...LOL

Besides, sounds like you guys could use an extra Stormtrooper! Wink
More Stormtroopers, the more the merrier. Or as the us Imperials say, fresh meat for the grinder or is the American Army?Tk
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
(Saturday 15-May-2010, 05:50 PM)The Sniper Wrote:  More Stormtroopers, the more the merrier. Or as the us Imperials say, fresh meat for the grinder or is the American Army?Tk

Ex British army here...no matter what army you're in, footslogger = extra meat for the Ruperts to waste! LOL
just a quick question, How many of us are licensed security guards cert III or higher?
Save the Environment!..........Use your sleeve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 336 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 571 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,483 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops