Gday All
Hi Everyone,

Thought it might be time to introduce myself and say Gday.
I have been a long time fan of Star Wars (it was the first movie my mum ever took me to see in the cinema back in Adelaide 1977). i am now Brisbane based and have 2 little troopers of my own who are both SW fans.

I have watched the 501st and Redback Garrison from afar for a couple of years now and figured it was finally time to take the plunge and register an account.

Whilst I have always wanted to be a StormTrooper financially I dont know if it will ever be viable so I guess I am wondering if there are ways that i could be involved with the Garrison without the need for creating a costume etc. Either helping out at events or something of that sort.

Anyway hope to see some of you around at events and the like - I will be taking the kids to EB Chermside tonight to have a look (I think my youngest wants to go dressed as Vader lol)

Cheers,
Adam.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Hi Adam, welcome Smile

It's true that a stormtrooper isn't the cheapest costumes (and neither is it close to the most expensive), you are honestly looking at at least $1K, probably a bit more for a completed costume.

There are cheaper options, such as the reserve tie pilot which can be done for around the $250-$300 mark.

You are definitely welcome to come along as a cadet and help "wrangle" which means looking after the guys in armour, making sure they don't walk on kids, fall off steps etc and helping people get in and out of their costumes as required.
Gday Tripod, there are plenty of options other than Stormtroopers to choose from have a look through this link http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL while many of them do require some armor there are a few which do not ( e.g. Imperial Ctewman or Reserve Pilot ).

I'll be at EB games Chermside tonight - dressed as a Pilot - when you arrive say hello and we will give you some more insights into what the garrison does.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thanks for the welcome guys and a BIG thanks for taking the time for pics etc with my kidlets tonight at Chermside they loved it.

Was great to have a chat to Mike and gain some insights into what the garrison does and other ways to be a part of it without spending big bucks (to start with at least).

I have added some of the photos from tonight via the link on the front page Smile

Cheers and hopefully I will be able to see you again soon,

Adam.
BTW Stormraven, you made a HUGE impression on my youngest lad. He wants to grow up to be a Tie Pilot hahaha. He asked me to find him an outfit like yours but I think I will concentrate on my reserve uniform first Cheeky
Sounds like your youngest has good tastes and will go far in the Empire B|

For now it'll be best to get your costume up and running but after that we can look into making or getting an outfit for your son.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
We call Stormraven 'Jeff Vader' as sometimes his pilot costume gets mistaken for Vader. No matter, if someone walks away from us thinking they had a pic and a high five with Vader its all good!

I would love to see a little one with an enormous Tie Pilot helmet on their head. Would be like a bobble head!

A mini Tie Fighter Pilot (in the right proportions) would be very cool Tripod. :-)
Welcome to the Forums!
HAHAHA I love the "Jeff Vader" reference. That lego skit has to be one of my all time favourites :P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gday from an R2 builder Krumme 8 9,417 Saturday 9-Jan-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Rayvn
  Gday from Ipswich oddangry 6 7,672 Thursday 31-Dec-2015, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Phantom
  Gday From the Gold Coast! supermantits 10 13,244 Tuesday 15-Jul-2014, 10:06 PM
Last Post: blueski