Just for Kids motortrail Toowoomba
Great troop guys and great turnout! Just wondering though whats with the orange paldron on a Stormtrooper? As far as I knew, orange paldrons are for Sandtrooper Captains? Given the mediation going on at the moment in regards to costume approvals and standards. More care at adhereing to the rules should be noted. One rule for all, not one rule for most and bend them for a select few.
Ravyn,
lets not go there with that just at the moment please, we have enough issues in the garrison with out that. It is being sorted so don't worry thanks.Smile
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Stormraven. That is totally my fault. I'm not a adverse to breaking rules but in this case I put It down to habit. I use it in the tcof simply because a) public don't care and b), with all the troopers we have that parade, I'm the one that is in charge at the back and if anyone gets passed me, I boot them. The cheapest, quickest option I have at the moment.

Our first carnival was a complete disaster and this seems to be the easiest way for people to find me and for me to deal with unruley troopers.

I'm sorry if the pics offend people like yourself.

The situation will hopefully be rectified this year when I attempt to make my TD sergeant, and then apparently bring order back to the galaxy.

For what it's worth, the TK with no back pack, e-11 blaster and a pauldron is in E4 for about 3 seconds before he is killed when Han shoots him leaving tattoine. I could source this and find out what he is, get approved, annoy some people, get pics, annoy some more people, go through approval status and then people would continue to question why the TK has a pauldron? Other 501st members have said to me it's completely legit! He's even in the extended universe! Ask me if I care?

Sooo.....It's going to be far, far easier for me to spend the money and do it properly with a character every one knows, so people simply don't ask questions. Put it down to laziness or care factor, but to put me in the same group as "what's going on at the moment" is a low blow! Very low!

I swear, I'll never do it again!

Again apologies to everyone I offended. I simply have far bigger things to worry about in the real world to worry about "should I wear my pauldron or not."

I apparently got it wrong!

Notworthy
No offence taken by me Neoeffect Aaaah I cause enough offence myself without trying to get other people into trouble. Eyebrows As you said more often than not the public don't know/care anyway and it is a good way to help identify different troopers.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
If it is isn't in the CRL you shouldn't wear it and other troopers ( I think this included Toowoomba troopers) have been told they cannot wear one with their TK.
On a more positive note. A Sandtrooper Would be cool up in Toowoomba. Not only could you wear your pauldron to your hearts content but you could have a big gun and a backpack too. Then you would really stand out and tell people to move along !
We need to keep things fair for everyone.
I know I'm new to all this but I have read the 'Reg Manual' (The trooper survival guide). And it does state:

-Formal Event: Formal does not necessarily mean "canon" a formal event would be one where the event sponsor wishes to have all characters in traditional garb with out special additions. In other words special squads, such as "Alabama's Red Rain" (They look like Sandtroopers but have non-canon pauldrons and color details) may still be acceptable to a sponsor but "Fem Troopers" and Kilted Troopers may not. If in doubt be sure to check with your event sponsor and post accordingly.
-Informal Event: Have FUN, Kilted troopers, Fem Troopers, Santa Hats, Leprechaun Hats, beads, zombie troopers, etc... all are allowed within the bounds of taste, go for it.

So depending on the event type you can wear a pauldron or not.
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Most of our events Bolt are formal or approved. Informal is more like SupaNova.

If you are ever in doubt Bolt, just check with Phantom or Bids Smile
(Saturday 31-May-2014, 02:09 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  I know I'm new to all this but I have read the 'Reg Manual' (The trooper survival guide). And it does state:

I just wanted to point out that these are the current trooping standards:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=7904

Even for a "normal" troop modifications to your approved costume must be approved by the GML/GEC before the troop.

I don't want to wade into the discussion over this particular pauldron wearing incident, just wanted to make sure that the correct information was being circulated.
Ah great thread there bullant, thanks

(Saturday 31-May-2014, 05:56 PM)Bullant Wrote:  
(Saturday 31-May-2014, 02:09 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  I know I'm new to all this but I have read the 'Reg Manual' (The trooper survival guide). And it does state:

I just wanted to point out that these are the current trooping standards:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=7904

Even for a "normal" troop modifications to your approved costume must be approved by the GML/GEC before the troop.

I don't want to wade into the discussion over this particular pauldron wearing incident, just wanted to make sure that the correct information was being circulated.

[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Just received this email from the guys we did this troop for..
(They want to send us a certificate..who is the current archives officer?)

Hi guys
Id just like to drop you a line and let you know we are home and have completed our trip.
I would like to again thank you for all your help. The trip was fabulous and people were talking about you guys for weeks.
We tried to keep the theme going taking our Townsville Troopers to many special school to see as many children as we could.
We would like to send a thank you certificate to the 501st. If you can forward us a mailing address we will organise that shortly.

Many Regards
Vanessa Parker

Proud supporters of the Just 4 Kids Children's Charity...Want to help? Ask us how.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Was it a nice and chilly troop there? Great Stuff!
"Just listen, it feels like someone's watching us."