New from Toowoomba
Hi everyone,
I met some of the Toowoomba crew at TJM on Sunday morning and got talking to one of the troopers about joining up. It has got me pretty excited (and I even have the ok from my wife!). Am looking into getting a trooper suit, obviously there is a bit of wait for them, which is cool as it gives me time to save up, is there any positions available without a suit to get me started? I.e. taking photos etc?
Cheers,
Scott
Hi Scotty,

Welcome to the forums.
Thanks Cobra Smile
Hi Scotty, I remember you, glad to have you aboard.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hey Scott. Yeah that would have been me! Welcome mate. When you get closer to doing something just send me an email and we can all catch up and go through the where to's and why for's in regards to armour.

In the meantime, wrangling is definitely an option. They help with armour, take photos, keep civilians and rebel scum at bay and no good troop happens without them! They are essential and vital to any trooper! Plus you can buy and wear a super duper 501st wranglers supporter shirt. We all have them because at some time or another, we all wrangle.

Armour? Ok, well of course your aim here is to be the best damn looking baddie you can be! TK's, (stormtroopers), are obviously the most recognisable with clone troopers coming a close second due to the recent movies. These cost in the vicinity of around $1k. But that won't be up front. It will take time to resource and build so don't stress about the price. Just buy a bit at a time. I can help with these and of course the build. I've built 7 now and can pretty much get it done in a day. 2 tops.

For a cheaper baddie, tie fighter pilots and snow troopers are less, but not by much. They are more soft armour and still rock!

So have a look at whitearmour.com, imperialsurplus.com and do some research as to what you would want to be. #cough TK #

Plus have a look at the mission reports and photos from what the brissy guys do because trooping down there is a blast! Heaps more people, heaps more troopers. It's loads of fun and plus we raise money for kids charities! What's not to like?

So get cracking, and ask heaps of questions! Cam and I can help you out!

Welcome to the 501st! Peace
Thanks Neo, have sent you an email.
Doppeldaumen1 Welcome to the dark side! Doppeldaumen1
Move along...
Glad to be here Prepared Smile
Neo and I met up with Scotty today so can we please have him as a verified cadet ..Thanks
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Yep. He's good to go. Wink
Thanks again Agent Smith and Neo for taking me through the process, much appreciated.
Have ordered helmet, blaster and blaster conversion kit.
I think I am going to have to investigate a little stormtrooper suit for Max as well!
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with getting their blaster? Mine has been seized by customs as they feel it is a replica firearm (believe it or not, a World War II replica!), they advised the only way to get it is to get a permit to import replica firearms, has anyone else come across this?
Thanks,
Scott
Yep that is not unheard of. All the info you need is here:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=750
Thanks Bullant. Smile
Fear not Scotty, they keep them for a long time, and they don't destroy them either. So even if it takes a few weeks for the Police to send you the permit, the customs staff will probably still be playing with "replica" movie prop, probably making the Pew, Pew sounds to.

I ordered my Doopy kit, then applied for the permit. The Fire arms dept contacted me within a day of me faxing them the form, and i had the permit in my hand in just over a week.
Turns out my E11 turned up in the post without a hitch anyway.

get your form in and you will be fine.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]