New from Toowoomba
Thanks everyone, just thought I would add to the story, after half a dozen phone calls and emails to customs from me, I filled out the permit application, and sent it off. The same day my wife got a phone call from customs (ebay account is in her name), all it took from her was that one phone call and one email and she got a second apologetic phone call back apologising for the mistake, my blaster is now back on it's way! Moral of the story appears to be ...uh... let my wife handle any problems Wink I'm sure I will never hear the end of this......
She shoots..she scooooooressss
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
(Thursday 3-Jul-2014, 07:36 PM)Scotty33 Wrote:  Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with getting their blaster? Mine has been seized by customs as they feel it is a replica firearm (believe it or not, a World War II replica!), they advised the only way to get it is to get a permit to import replica firearms, has anyone else come across this?
Thanks,
Scott

This is my biggest concern for my trip down, should I find any forms or contacts so my kit doesn't end up in a locker?

Sorry to hijack the thread Scott. Welcome from the states! Your going to find trooping to be fun and life changing! Bring the wife along she will see what we do and catch that fever as well!
(Tuesday 8-Jul-2014, 09:20 PM)Scotty33 Wrote:  Moral of the story appears to be ...uh... let my wife handle any problems Wink I'm sure I will never hear the end of this......

always the best option Smile

@Deadpool - I'm wondering if you might be better off just arranging to borrow one rather then chance it as these stories it always seems to depend who you get on the day and also the laws change around Australia. e.g. NSW I believe even replica weapons are meant to be in a gun safe
DW2013 to DW2018
May just be the best choice then. I've got time on my side, but whomever I borrow from will be compensated with a beverage(s) of their choice.... Wink wink!
Hi everyone,
still waiting for my armour to turn up, but have been doing a bit of wrangling, Agent Smith, Neo and Bolt all said I should be able to get one of the Support Crew shirts, just not sure where/how to go about it?
Any clues?
Cheers,
Scott
Welcome! Smile
I'd also be interested in purchasing a support crew / wrangler shirt, as helping out at troops while I wait for costume parts seems like a great idea. Any help is greatly appreciated.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]