Newbie need help
Hi, I've just joined the forum today. I'm here because I want to be a stormtrooper member of the 501st legion. I've been a star wars fan and collector pretty much since the release of 'A New Hope'. Over the years I've picked up a few helmets and masks etc, mostly Don Post, and have always wanted the stormtrooper outfit. I've looked on ebay etc and other online stores, but have always been directed by people in the know to contact the 501st. I recently spoke to a member and thats why i'm here to get advice, to be put in contact with armour makers, to learn and to help out as a wrangler. I'm actually in Melbourne but I can't seem to find a Melbourne garrison, so I thought I'd start with the 'red backs'. Ive got so many questions.
Cheers
Jay
Welcome Smile I think the Garrison in your area would be TAG? I could be wrong though.

Check them out here
501TAG.com
yep melb is Terror Australis Garrison (TAG)

you want to sign up with http://501tag.com/ as that's the branch of the 501st group that Victoria come under Smile

feel free though to come back for chats or questions
DW2013 to DW2018
Cool, just doing it now...
Thanks

Going through the process now, thanks a lot Duras and Rayvn.
No stress Smile also should have said if your looking at a stormtrooper join the whitearmor.net forum too...that's the detachment site that deal with all thing shiny whitey Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Thanks I'll try there too, having trouble getting thread access with the TAG forum??? I'll try the whitearmor site... We've got comic con here in Melbourne soon, I'm hoping to suss out a local garrison there.
thanks
Hey, so I'm looking at going with AP armour.... I'M starting to suss out my extras... I think I've found good under suit and neck seal, http://stormtrooperundersuit.com/neck-se...rod_7.html. I don't want to neglect on these pieces, this was recommended, thoughts???
Undersuit - some have had ok success with that one and others have had issues. A good option and affordable is watch for Aldi to do the compression tops and pants in plain black

Don't know about their neck seal so can't say if good enough or not and the decision at the end if the day will come down to TAG's GML (Garrison Member Liason - person who decides if you have met the accuracy enough). You man find once on TAG's forums that their is a local member that makes hem up like we have up here
DW2013 to DW2018
Cheers Duras, I'll suss the neck piece, I've jumped the gun and bought it anyway.... but I'll jump on TAG's and find out.
thanks again