Gday From the Gold Coast!
Hey!

Been a star wars nut since i was born, parents collect Star Wars Lego and movie memorabilia, so it was inevitable.

Really keen on joining the Garrison, but I'm wondering if there are any options on approved costumes other than making your own?

Just adding, i am currently a Volunteer Firefighter, current First Aid and CPR tickets, and an RSA.

Didn't even know we had a 501st chapter in QLD , until i commented on a workmates Rebel/Empire tattoos and he mentioned he was a Member!
Welcome

Unless you buy a completed costume, which even if bought from a member has to go through the approval process to ensure it fits you and matches the current CRL, there will be some aspect of making involved

Do you have any specific costume in mind?
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi and welcome supermantits, making your costume is half the fun, I am only just starting my build, and I can say I haven't been this excited since I found out as a child that a sequel to Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back) was coming to a universe near you.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Looking to get a stormtrooper costume Smile
(Tuesday 15-Jul-2014, 06:44 PM)supermantits Wrote:  Looking to get a stormtrooper costume Smile

Excellent choice! (I may have a bias Smile)

As said earlier though you are unlikely to get aware with some form of making the costume. You will need to source the moulded plastic from one of the makers and then put together the strapping and join it all up.

Best thing you can prob do is make it to a armour party (luckily big one this Saturday) and there pick brains & and have close up look at kits
DW2013 to DW2018
Whats the go with the Armor Party? I read up on the concept but i am unaware of the approaching one?
KevKon is the upcoming one http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=8748

Basically it's either a social event where people come together and do some work on their armour or other projects

Or it's a social event where "some work" may be done Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Stormtroopers are the coolest, known in the 501st circle as a TK.
One thing i can say with certainty is, do plenty of research, so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.
First place to start is the FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper detachment)
Sign up there, if a stormy is what you wish to become. It is an unbelievable resource, and will be your guide to the Dark side.
Yes, you will be overwhelmed, yes it is a daunting prospect when you see the amount of help and information at your disposal, but you wont find a hobby anything like this one,it's totally AWESOME and so are the people.

Below is the forum you need to sign up to for the FISD
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
and let your journey begin
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hey mate and welcome to the Redbacks. Volunteer Fire Fighter you say. I too am a Rural and have been for the last 10 years and am also living on the GC at the moment. If you have an questions or need a hand feel free to send me a PM.
(Tuesday 15-Jul-2014, 09:31 PM)blueski Wrote:  Hey mate and welcome to the Redbacks. Volunteer Fire Fighter you say. I too am a Rural and have been for the last 10 years and am also living on the GC at the moment. If you have an questions or need a hand feel free to send me a PM.
What Brigade champ? Im at Coomera Valley RFB.
I'm stationed at Woodhill RFB near Beaudesert but live between there and the Mrs place at Robina

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,318 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,543 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart
  New (Phasma) recruit from the Gold Coast Darth Cooper 20 22,611 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Lord Chad