Hi from Brisbane
Greetings and salutations legionnaires.

I have humbly joined your ranks with the hope to one day be worthy of trooping with you in the wild.

I am actually on the Sunshine Coast but am in Brisbane most days, I consider myself quite handy with making things and am very keen to meet and help where I can so that I may learn a few tricks of the trade.

I have read many links associated with what's acceptable as in 501st specs and would love the chance to see some "equipment" and methods in person.

Have seen many a troop at events and you guys/gals rock.

Cheers
Paul.
Welcome Paul Wink
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome to the forums Paul
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Welcome to the forums mate , what character / costume on the dark side takes your fancy , do you see yourself in armor ?
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome Paul, stormtroopers are an iconic and awesome first costume Smile
Thanks for the warm welcome,
certainly the armour (sand trooper distressed) got me initially interested but through some research and of coarse watching the movies I quite like the officers uniform too. I am happy to be flexible and perhaps not be content with only one but all in good time.
There is no such thing as "only one". I joined swearing I'd only ever do a TK, 2 years later and I have 5 costumes Wink
Officers and Imperial Crewman are good start off costumes - I'm biased though because that's what I did Cheeky If you haven't done so already have a look at this link for what's required http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:IOC_CRL If you are interested in learning some more about us and the armour keep an eye on the upcoming events list and if you can make it along to one let the person in charge know you are coming along then come and introduce yourself.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Looks like I might need to learn how to sew, imperial staff officer (black) looks so cool.
Are there any patterns available to get you started?
I will also be on the lookout for gatherings to say hi and be of assistance if I can be, maybe even an AP or two in the SE Qld area.

Who says dreams are just for dreamers.
Hi Paul , and welcome
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome Paul Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Howdy
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Sunday 3-Aug-2014, 08:36 PM)pocketmoney Wrote:  Looks like I might need to learn how to sew, imperial staff officer (black) looks so cool.
Are there any patterns available to get you started?
I will also be on the lookout for gatherings to say hi and be of assistance if I can be, maybe even an AP or two in the SE Qld area.

Who says dreams are just for dreamers.

Cosplaysky do a good uniform just don't get their hat or belt buckle.

I work in CBD and live just shy of Sunshine Coast so if you want to meet up for a coffee flick me a pm
DW2013 to DW2018