New recruit on the gold coast
Hi there everyone,

My name is Christian........pleasure to make contact with you. Im 34, and a massive Star Wars fan. I would like to join the 501st and the redback garrison, and could use some help with getting my costume together. At the moment im considering a ANH stormtrooper or a Tie Fighter trooper........possibly both. Is there anyone on the GC who can help?
Go Christian. Where ate too located on the gc. Plenty of troopers happy to help. First thing is to decide which costume you want to do. Depends on dollars and time.

Happy to have a chat.
G'day Christian, welcome aboard. If it's a Stormtrooper you want to be, make sure you join the FISD forum (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment), it is a one stop resource for all your needs.
Locally you have a great support network in the Redbacks be it on the Goldy or up in Brisvegas.
Welcome to your new life.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome!

Beware.....You won't stop at two........
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome…. see you some troops soon Royalguard
Welcome Christian.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Christian. Nice choice with the ANH Stormtrooper, although I am a little biased.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi everyone...............Thanks for the warm welcome Smile can already tell this group draws a lot of great people

in response to APOK.......not sure about the dollars as I have no clue what a set of stormtrooper gear would cost, and as far as time goes that is something I do have plenty of atm. If im going to become a full fledged 501st member im going to do it properly or not at all if you know what I mean Smile

Sly...............yes ive checked out the FISD http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12...read-here/ this thread certainly made me think. Im 6 foot 4 and 90-95kgs at any given time, so I wouldn't be a "small" trooper I guess.......probably one of the larger ones. Ive noticed from what ive read on FISD and on reputable sites who make gear for 501st members that the original gear was based on people around 5"10.......and that getting stuff to fit guys my size can be a problem. Are there any other redback members my size who are stormtroopers? Also ........love the quote you put up sly "The good the bad and the wookie" lol classic...........actually a friend of mine ive known since I was lil kid was in Star wars ep 3: revenge of the sith, Michael Kingma aka Wookie General Tarfful Smile he currently lives in Rockhampton actuallySmile

The wolf..................I can see what you mean, im already tempted to also add a darth vader costume to the collection id like to build up, I guess because of my size its a character that lends itself to me quite easily.

BIDS.........yes I agree, instant recognition as a ANH stormtrooper indeed Smile
Scope is your height and is just doing a stormtrooper to replace his first one so he would prob be able to give you tips for any height worries.

I'm about 6'1" myself but didn't seem to have any height issues just with calve ones
DW2013 to DW2018
Duras ......................... Aaah, so how would I go about getting in touch with Scope??

Duras...................if Scope is replacing his first armour and is the same size as me, perhaps I could pick up his original armour from him??? potentially save myself a lot of drama and headaches and help him recover some of the cost of his new armour? Just a thought
He's already sold it on... You can send him a private message, find his build thread ask there, or he will likely pop on and say hi here sooner or later
DW2013 to DW2018
Bummer hey Sad

Been looking at the http://www.rspropmasters.com/armour/ site and I like what I see, though at 900pounds its far from cheap.........then again I did somewhat expect that. Are there cheaper options that are still 501st acceptable?
You should be able to find a make on the whitearmor.net site for less then that but you should expect to be spending approx $1200 all up to be approved
DW2013 to DW2018
Duras..........................yup that's roughly what I thought, around the $1000 mark give or take a bit

Actually the more I look into it, and the stacks of makers out there etc..........and reports of scammers even from within the redbacks.....the more daunting it appears to a newbie like me. That wont stop me though, im determined to be trooping by the time summer comes along

has anyone from the redback garrison bought and built a ATA kit?????????? ive heard these are pretty good and affordable as well, though im struggling to find how to purchase one : ( one thing im definitely noticing is that joining the 501st and getting approved armour etc is not as easy as it may seem to outsiders.......so cudos to those who have done it, as its clearly not an easy thing to do
Welcome Christian!
We've all been where you are, the more we find out about costumes and armour the more complicated it seems. But if you can get along to a troop in the near future, you can see the armour and chat with the troopers.
Also there are a number of TK armour builds happening at the moment and you can follow their build threads on this forum and learn a lot more. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New recruit - Sunshine Coast danstanfield 11 683 Saturday 30-Dec-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: danstanfield
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,269 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,523 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart